The non-conference schedule is finally here! Australia exhibition tour aside, this will be your first chance to look at Cuonzo Martin's basketballers in action. How will Jaylen Brown, Ivan Rabb, Roman Davis elevate Tyrone Wallace, Jordan Mathews, Jabari Bird and company play up to their fairly lofty expectations?
The California Golden Bears have a fairly competitive non-conference schedule ahead that involves plenty of road tests to go along with some decent home games. They start out with the season opener at home against Rice. They have a trip to Virginia against a potential Final Four-caliber squad come Christmas time. They play the Las Vegas Invitational against San Diego State and either West Virginia or Richmond. They host potential Atlantic 10 favorites Davidson to wrap up the non-conference schedule. They have one more road contest against Wyoming, who they beat at home last year (this is the return meeting of the home-and-home).
I would guess the majority of our home non-conference schedule is on Pac-12 Networks, although don't be surprised if ESPN picks up a game or two.
Full schedule is below, including preliminary Pac-12 schedule!
- Monday, November 9th: Carroll College (exhibition)
- Friday, November 13th: Rice
- Monday, November 16th: UC Santa Barbara
- Friday, November 20th: East Carolina
- Monday, November 23rd: Sam Houston State
- Thursday, November 26th (Thanksgiving): San Diego State (Las Vegas Invitational), Fox Sports 1
- Friday, November 27th: West Virginia/Richmond (Las Vegas Invitational), Fox Sports 1
- Tuesday, December 1st: Seattle University
- Saturday, December 5th: At Wyoming
- Wednesday, December 9th: University of the Incarnate Word
- Saturday, December 19th: Coppin State
- Tuesday, December 22nd: at Virginia, ESPN2
- Monday, December 28th: Davidson
December 30-January 3: Colorado Buffaloes and Utah Utes
January 6-10: at Oregon Ducks and Oregon St. Beavers
- January 13-17: at Stanford Cardinal
January 20-24: Arizona St. Sun Devils and Arizona Wildcats
January 27-31: at Colorado Buffaloes and Utah Utes
February 3-7: Stanford Cardinal
February 10-14: Oregon Ducks and Oregon St. Beavers
February 17-21: at Washington Huskies and Washington State
February 24-28: UCLA Bruins and USC Trojans
March 2-6: at Arizona and Arizona State