Fouls suck. That Adams guys was pretty good. Discuss the rest, basketball is painful.
Some late notes from the game:
• With today’s 78-72 OT win, Cal leads the series with Wyoming, 5-2. Today’s contest was the first ever meeting in Laramie. The Bear victory also broke Wyoming’s 17-game homecourt winning streak.
• Cal played its first overtime game since downing Montana, 78-76, in double OT on Dec. 3, 2014 in Berkeley.
• With 23 points. Tyrone Wallace passed Jackie Ridgle (1969-71) for 17th place on Cal’s career scoring list, now with 1,268 points. Next up in Cal history is No. 16 Roy Fisher, who had 1,382 points from 1988-91.
• With his 23 points, Tyrone Wallace also scored in double figures for the 22nd game in a row. It was his fourth 20-point game of the season. He added 6 rebounds, 6 assists and 3 steals in his 41 minutes of action.
• Jordan Mathews has made at least one three-pointer in each of his last 15 games and in 29 of his past 30. He waited until overtime to make his three-pointer vs. Wyoming.
• Kameron Rooks earned his second straight start for the Bears. He tied his career high with 6 rebounds.
• Cal held Wyoming scoreless the last 4:20 of the first half, outscoring the Cowboys, 9-0, during the stretch.
• Cal forced Wyoming into 11 turnovers – most for a Cal opponent this year.
• Cal’s 8 three-pointers were its most since the Bears connected on 10 in their season-opener vs. Rice.
• Ivan Rabb finished with 13 points on a perfect shooting day – 5-5 FG, 3-3 FT. He’s now shooting 66.7% on the season (38-57 FG).
• Three Golden Bears fouled out during the game – Jaylen Brown, Ivan Rabb and Roger Moute a Bidias.