- Daniel Lasco is questionable for the Big Game with an ankle injury. His conditioning this week will determine his status for this weekend. Khalfani Muhammad is also uncertain after sustaining an injury against Oregon State.
- Sonny Dykes anticipates Vic Enwere and Tre Watson to be the primary ball-carriers on Thursday.
- Kenny Lawler is expected to start.
- On Stanford's side, cornerback Ronnie Harris is out, meaning all five of Stanford's starting defensive backs will be freshmen or first year starters.
Sonny Dykes quotes
- "Looking forward to playing against a good Stanford team. It's a big game- one of the great rivalries."
- It's fun week for me, a fun week for our players. Our guys are excited about playing- it'll be a big challenge, but we're up for it.
- Stanford will test you as well any anyone will test you in college football. We're much further along than we were in year 1.
- We're not where we want to be yet, but we're certainly getting better.
- If we can run the ball, that changes everything. If we can pass protect, that changes the game as well.
- To be a good team you've got to beat good teams. Certainly, winning Saturday would be a step in the right direction.
Jared Goff video and quotes
- This will be my third Big Game. They're going to play well, we're going to play well, it's always a good game between us.
- I have a lot of respect for Stanford and what they've done- they're really a great program.
- We were able to score 50 points (vs Oregon State) and get momentum and confidence back. That was huge for us.
Stefan McClure video and quotes
- It means so much to this program, this community, this school to go over and win this game. It would mean a lot to all of us.
- It's always been a fun environment to play in, home or away- always a great crowd and our fans get really into it.
- I think they're really dynamic this year, but they're still the same Stanford football team that plays hard.
- We want the Axe back.
Maurice Harris video
- We've been through a lot since I've been here. Lots of rebuilding. This weekend is big, but we look at every game as a big one.
- Winning this game would open the future for the guys coming up.. show them that we CAN beat Stanford.