Golden Bear. Seattle Seahawk. Super Bowl Champion. Movie star?
Lynch often comes off as abrasive and ornery. And it fits the hardcore persona that makes him a beloved figure, especially in Seattle. But the four-time Pro Bowler says the media gets too caught up in that narrative.
He believes he's stereotyped for his dreadlocks and gold teeth and inner-city mannerisms, which explains why his mistakes get more attention than his good deeds. So Lynch is looking to put his story in context through this movie.
"Most people don't know how much he cares," said director Mario Bobino of Debonair Production, who is co-producing the film with Ramasses Head. "Marshawn is very human. He is passionate about family. He is passionate about Oakland, about Cal. He has a great desire to do good things for the youth of the community. That's the side of Marshawn people don't see."
- Congratulations to Rachel Acker (Women's Swimming and Diving), Alicia Asturias (Women's Gymnastics), and Brandon Hagy (Men's Golf) for being named to the Capital One All-District 8 At-Large Teams
- The Cal Athletics Development team recently volunteered as mentors for Junior Achievement
- Carter Crowe survived the emotional and physical distress of recovering from a brain tumor and transferred from Cal to USC to Cal to become a valued member of our Crew team
- The no. 4 Golden Bears placed fourth in the NCAA Sugar Grove Regional, which qualifies them for their fifth-straight NCAA Championships appearance
Women's Water Polo
Track and Field
- Senior Hammed Suleman reflects on his successful career as a Golden Bear and looks to the future
- Talk about a busy weekend—Tom Blocker took his last final on Friday, has Pac-12 Championships on Saturday and Sunday, and will walk as a graduating Bear on Monday
- In Saturday's qualifiers, the 4x100m relay team posted the best time in Cal history for the past 17 years, which earned them a place in Sunday's Pac-12 Championships
- Layshia Clarendon and Gennifer Brandon faced off on opening night of the WNBA Season, the second consecutive year opening night featured two Calumni
- Marco Harris will follow Coach Cuonzo Martin from Tennessee to Haas Pavilion as our Director of Basketball Operations
- Filip Bergevi is the ITA Northwest Region Rookie Player of the Year
- No. 17 Cal lost to no. 9 Texas at the NCAA Championships' Round of 16
- Alice Duranteau won the ITA/Arthur Ashe, Jr Sportsmanship and Leadership Award for the Northwest Region
- Duranteau's ambition and hard-work has led to her consider careers in medicine as a physician, engineering, architecture, or professional tennis
- There are no words to describe this nightmare—no. 6 Cal fell to no. 11 Furd at the NCAA Championships' Round of 16
- What's the difference between #ThrowbackThursday and #FlashbackFriday? No idea, but we were treated to some memories of better days!
- DB Damaria/Damariay Drew pleaded not guilty to the charges of felony assault, contending the dog bit Drew first
- It's official—RB Brendan Bigelow signed his undrafted free agent contract with OC Jeff Tedford and the Buccaneers
- Memories of an awesome RB, Shane Vereen
- Your beloved CGB staff took part in some Q&As with ACME Packing Company about TE Richard Rodgers and Canal St. Chronicles about LB Khairi Fortt. We may not be too popular with those Canal St. Chronicles fans anymore...
- OC Tony Franklin gushed over Rodgers and his playmaking ability, ball-catching hands—the best Franklin has ever seen—and his potential to play QB. Franklin also discussed a hypothetical one more season for Rodgers, which would have included more traditional TE play and being a first-team All-American and a first-round pick.
- ESPN took an extensive look at Sonny Dykes's first year at Cal—why he struggled and how he intends to lead the program to a conference championship
- CGB Hall of Fame: (8) Thomas DeCoud vs. (9) Bobby Shaw
- CGB Hall of Fame: (1) Jahvid Best vs. (16) Lamond Murray
- Cal Olympic Sports Roundup: Road series win at USC keeps slim Baseball postseason hope alive
- Post Spring Football Q&A about ASU with House of Sparky
- Golden Nuggets: Cal's academic commitment from past and current student-athletes