Cal has taken a unique approach to generating several revenue streams using California Memorial Stadium and things are going... well? I thought the sky was falling!
Overall, all sources of revenue generated approximately $2.74 million from July 1 through Dec. 31, 2013, a 20.5 percent increase compared to the same time period during the 2013 fiscal year. Included in the figure for the first time were rental income from long-term lease agreements and philanthropy and partnership revenue.
While net sales for the Endowment Seating Plan remained relatively flat for the first six months of the fiscal year, other portions of the plan showed significant growth. In particular, money collected from premium groups, corporate bundles and perk tickets (non-pledge premium seat revenue) was almost $550,000, or about 2 1/2 times what its total for the first two quarters of FY13.
Um, I burned a lot of bridges because I was told Cal's strategy was awful and going to be the end of it all. Does anyone know if there's a way to delete voicemails I sent a few months ago?
And with plans for even more tenants to rent space, does this mean things can get even better from here? What will all the critics think?!
- The 2014 Commencement speaker will be Nancy Pelosi
- Though a fire destroyed The Wooden Duck's warehouse, the majority of the bleachers they salvaged from Memorial Stadium is safe as it was stored in another facility
- The Cal family has stuck together to support Earl Robinson
- Check out proposed designs for the the Intercollegiate Indoor Practice Facility for Men's and Women's Basketball and Volleyball (H/T to turkey for the link)
Women's Swimming and Diving
- Fifteen Golden Bears earned All–Pac-12 Academic honors; coincidentally, that's the same number of Bears who were named All-Americans earlier this week
Men's Track and Field
- The Golden Bears are the #1 team in the Collegiate Men's Dual Meet Rankings (thanks to CalBear81 for passing this along!)
- Emily Lunt and Caroline Olsen are literal walk-ons after they encountered the team practicing outside
- Your Pac-12 Player of the Week: Ben McLachlan
- Remembering Cal legend Jim McManus
- Notes and quotes on Coach Cuonzo Martin
- The CalBears YouTube page has some interviews with Martin
- Uncle Ted breaks down the scoring per quarter for each Pac-12 team. Shocker: we're the only team to lose all four quarters.
- Some insight into our gorgeous uniforms and equipment
- A vague update on the statuses of Fabiano Hale and the alleged perpetrator in the attack on Hale
- ESPN takes a look at our receivers, the greatest strength of the Bears
- Getting to know OL Chris Borrayo, who was thrust into service last year as a true freshman
- Speaking of the OL, have you ever wondered what it's like to be coached by Coach Zach Yenser?
- Listen to Coach Sonny Dykes's thoughts after practice
- Some of WR DeSean Jackson's old teammates are coming to his defense and questioning who is slandering him and why
- The tough off-season for Jackson continues, who now has financial issues with his former agent
- QB Aaron Rodgers is the top-paid player in the NFL and the fourth-highest for athletes of any sport in the world
- Golden Scholars: Pondering memory and income inequality; quotes from Berkeley's All–Nobel Laureate event.
- Cuonzo Martin is the new Cal basketball head coach: How do you feel, Golden Bears?
- Golden Nuggets: After Consulting Wikipedia to Figure out the Transition Tag, Alex Mack Becomes the Highest-Paid Center in the NFL
- Kingsley Okoroh flips from Tennessee to Cal, Idrissa Diallo reconsidering?
- Cal spring football: Kyle Boehm & Austin Hinder battle, Noah Beito winning at kicker