On an absolutely terrific March afternoon, your Cal Bears took the field for some football once again.
Well, kind of. Some did, anyway, checking in for official measurements and drill work in preparation for May's NFL draft. Below are some of the day's results and highlights, which representatives from 29 NFL teams were present for.
- Did 18 reps in the bench press, which would have ranked 14th among backs at the combine.
- More impressively, the back formerly nicknamed by me as the Fresno Flash ran 4.48 after tweaking his hamstring. No, really.
Brandon Bigelow pulled up during his first 40 yard dash. No word yet what happened but speculation is he might have pulled his hammy #Cal— Cal Rivals (@CalRivals) March 18, 2014
- Clocked in at 4.68 after this run
- Ran the 40, was clocked as low as 4.47.
- Big Richard Rodgers, who will certainly be missed on offense, reportedly impressed during his drills, making a variety of difficult catches. Here's video of one:
- One Marshawn "Beast Mode" Lynch was in attendance, and apparently still up to his old shenanigans.
- He wasn't the only alum in the house, either!
Marshawn Lynch is here at pro day eating cookies and yelling stuff. Yep, he's still the same guy #Cal— Cal Rivals (@CalRivals) March 18, 2014
- A couple numbers from Chris McCain...
Numbers for Chris McCain: Avg'd 4.67 (would've been tied for 9th among LB's @ combine), broad jumped 10' 1" (would have been 9th among LBs)— Ryan Gorcey (@RGBearTerritory) March 19, 2014