With March Madness just around the corner, Bears fans are wondering if Cal has done enough to earn entrance to the tournament. Based on their win-loss record and recent performance, CBS Sports' Jerry Palm thinks the only thing Cal can do to guarantee a bid is to win the Pac-12 Tournament. Easier said than done... One computer algorithm from the University of North Florida has the Bears making it into the tournament without feeling the pressure of being on the bubble.
Several brackets are predicting bad things for the Bears making it to the tournament, listing Cal as being among the first four/five teams out, including USA Today (video autoplays), NBC Sports, and SBNation. Let's hope that strong play by the Bears in the Pac-12 Tournament will help propel the Bears into the NCAA Tournament.
Instead of looking to the future and our tournament odds, let's took a look back at the careers of our seniors, Justin Cobbs, Richard Solomon, and Jeff Powers.
Women's Swimming and Diving
Women's Water Polo
- For the second time this season, Cal (14–3, 0–1 MPSF) swept the weekly MPSF awards by winning the awards for the Player and Newcomer of the Week
- A look at Jorge Gutierrez's stats in his first NBA game
- Highlights from the Bears' overtime win over Colorado
- The post-game press conference with Coach Mike Montgomery, Jordan Mathews, and Justin Cobbs
- Attacker Lizz Lavie answers some questions about the new roles she's taking on as a sophomore
- Coach Miles discusses learning from a pair of recent losses
- Are the Bears safe at safety? (groan...)
- How are the Bears looking at kicker with Vincenzo D'Amato's departure?
- Cal football: Do you prefer watching in Memorial Stadium or on TV?
- Pac-12 tournament 2014: Cal men's basketball's path to a title
- Cal basketball: Justin Cobbs makes first all-Pac-12 team
- This week in the Pac-12: All conference picks
- Cal football recruiting: Stephen Johnson III, Isaiah Langley, Austin Aaron among local offers
- Cal football coaching staff 2014: How much do you trust this group?