Our own Nick Kranz spoke with Mark Rogers TV about his projections for the 2014 season and the effects of player departures to graduation or the NFL.
The offense is losing
TE inside receiver temporary RB TE Richard Rodgers and RB inside receiver Brendan Bigelow. Will the Bear Raid miss Rodgers's adaptability or Bigelow's speed?
Defensively, we're losing our strongest performers in DL Deandre Coleman and DL Viliami Moala. Who will step up to replace these interior linemen?
Great job, Nick, and thanks to Mark Rogers TV for working with us!
- WBB's Mikayla Lyles blogs for ESPN about Ted Agu
- The Cal community thanked and honored our Bear Backers at the annual Bear Backer Luncheon
- The Bears (6–6) came up short against no. 12/16 Texas A&M, upset no. 24 Notre Dame, and lost to no. 16 Baylor
- The program is finally feeling some stability after the tumultuous events of 2011 that threatened it
- Cal shut out East Tennessee State
- It was a tale of two halves with no. 7 UCLA winning the first half, but no. 2 Cal winning-er the second half to come out with the win
- Cal started the season with a win over St. Mary's
- Caroline Schlegel and Nicole Vincelette make our school proud with their community service
- Do Alyssa Jensen and Maddy Kerr have what it takes to join the US National Team?
- The two Bears blogged about using BART for the first time to get to the airport, but endless flight delays may have affected their play
- Incoming Bear Ashten Smith-Gooden is a member of Volleyball Magazine's Fab 50
Women's Swimming and Diving
Men's Swimming and Diving
- Uncle Ted weighs in on Bret Bielema
being an idiotusing Ted Agu's passing to bolster his argument for slowing up-tempo offenses
- Athletic Director Sandy Barbour spoke out about Bielema's "misinformed, ill-advised, and beyond insensitive" comments
- Student Assistant Jahvid Best is a student first, but is still looking forward to the role he can play for the team, including being competition for RB Khalfani Muhammad
- At the NFL Combine, TE Richard Rodgers ranked in the top ten among TEs in three of the five events he participated in; he was in the top fifteen in his other two events. His NFL scouting report and analysis can be found here.
- DL Deandre Coleman and LB Khairi Fortt will be tested at the Combine on Monday, but their scouting reports are already online
- Our other NFL hopefuls will participate in our Pro Timing Day on March 18, with visitor/audience information available in the link
- Cal has sent the third-most players to the Pro Bowl in the past decade
- Coach and chair of the College Football Rules Commitee Troy Calhoun is also connecting Ted's death to the proposed rule changes. Full audio interview available here.
As a reminder, a public memorial will be held for Ted on Monday, February 24. For more information, see the link below.