Cal is that perpetually down-on-his-luck uncle of yours. He just can't do anything right, but for whatever reason, you can't help but love the guy.
And he's broke. Just like Cal!
When Tedford begins work as offensive coordinator for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cal will get a half share of the first $300,000 of his salary for the next two years.
That's $150,000 each in 2014 and 2015 that Cal will collect.
Then, should Tedford be paid more than $1.5 million per season, Cal would share any amount beyond that threshold.
Check out some basketball-heavy news below, including Coach Mike Montgomery inching his way up the Cal record books.
- Ryan Anderson sustained a serious injury against the Celtics, which has been been diagnosed as a cervical stinger
- Cal conquered Palo Alto to crush those poor Furdies (CalBears.com and Inside Bay Area)
- The win over Stanfurd is Coach Mike Montgomery's 119th win at Cal, which makes him tied with Pete Newell for fourth-most wins in school history
- Taking a look at Ahmaad Rorie, a future Golden Bear, who calls Cal his "dream school"
- Not to be outdone, the no. 23 Golden Bears kicked off Pac-12 play with a win over Oregon State (coverage by CalBears.com and Inside Bay Area)
- The first woman to defeat a 48-hour GORUCK Selection challenge happens to be a former Cal basketball player
- OL Alex Mack earned second-team AP All-Pro recognition
- Incoming Bears Vic Enwere and Luke Rubenzer kicked all kinds of bottoms in the Blue-Grey All-American Game
- WRs and BFFs Marvin Jones and Keenan Allen will be reunited in an AFC Playoff game. No shnacks shall be had this weekend.
- Berkeley alumnus Stephan Pastis explained life as a Cal fan in his comic Pearls Before Swine