Panthers vs. 49ers
Ron Rivera, Carolina Panthers: Who would have thought Rivera would be in this position a year ago? Last year we were considering him as a potential dark horse for Cal coach if the Panthers decided to cut ties with him. Now he's smoothed over his differences with Cam Newton, led the Panthers to the two seed and has them two wins away from a Super Bowl. Unreal.
Good luck with that. pic.twitter.com/XUgR7Jdj8b
— Josh Gold-Smith (@GoldAndOrSmith) December 1, 2013
Chargers vs. Broncos
Keenan Allen, San Diego Chargers: Talk about an auspicious debut. After supposedly nearly quitting week one, Allen has emerged as Philip Rivers's number one target, notching 71 catches for 1046 yards and eight touchdowns. Allen's offensive spark helped propel San Diego on a late season run to the final playoff bid and he is a leading candidate for offensive rookie of the year accolades. (Lavelle Hawkins is also on the Chargers but hasn't played that much. Steve Williams is also on the Chargers but has been on IR all season)
C.J. Anderson, Denver Broncos: Anderson has seen spot duty as the fourth-string running back behind Knowshon Moreno, Montee Ball and Ronnie Hillman, rushing for 38 yards on seven carries this season.
Pac-12 basketball schedule
For those who want to talk hoops, here's the list of games for the evening.
- Colorado at Washington, noon PT, Fox Sports 1: The Buffs are a very good basketball team. But the Huskies have shown plenty of pluck in conference play. This should be a very competitive contest.
- Stanfurd at Oregon, 2 pm PT, Fox Sports 1: I think rooting for Oregon here would be better for us since a Furd win would minimize the value of our victory. Plus rooting for Furd and all that ... no.
- Utah at Washington State, 4 pm PT, Pac-12 Network: The Cougars aren't going to get many shots at conference wins. This will be one of them.
- Arizona at USC, 6 pm PT, Pac-12 Network: The Wildcats are very good and the Trojans are very bad. This could be fun.
- Arizona State at UCLA, 7 pm PT, ESPNU: Probably the game of the night. Can Jahii Carson key an upset over the talented Bruins? It's a big game for both teams in the Pac-12 race.