Unsurprisingly, Oregon is the clear favorite for Saturday's game, including the opinions of Yahoo's pundits and readers and the experts at CBS Sports.
Ted Miller and Kevin Gemmell both agree there will be a massacre in Eugene to the tune of 70 combined points, but differ just a bit on how bad the beatdown will be.
Gemmell: Another step in the maturation of Jared Goff. Being down defensively isn't where you want to be when playing Oregon -- especially on the road. No reason why the Ducks don't keep things rolling. Oregon 49, Cal 21.
Miller: Both teams were off last weekend, and Cal needed a break. But Autzen Stadium isn't a place to go to heal a season. I think this one might get a bit lopsided. Oregon 50, California 20.
Analysts have been keeping an eye on the point total for the game, set at 84 at the time of the article, with the possibility this could be the highest-scoring game of the whole season.
- Cal is looking to cultivate better community among the student athletes with the re-introduction of Bear Days
- The Berkeley Faculty Association is unhappy with athletics taking precedence over academics, most notably when Berkeley hosted Fox College Saturday
- Blogging with Birny (Steven Birnbaum), where he reveals which N64 game the team competes in
- The no. 1/2 Bears are ready to defend their ranking against Santa Clara
- After her 11-save game against Santa Clara, Emily Kruger has been named the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week
- No. 11/15 Cal is ready to face off against Utah and the University of San Francisco
- Ben McLachlan came up short in the Napa Valley Challenge against a professional player ranked 130th in the world
- Eighth-ranked Gabby Green from Oakland made an international commitment to Cal while playing in the 3x3 FIBA U18 World Championship in Indonesia
- Mary McKennon is here to teach you all about playing the Libero position
- The Bears lost a heartbreaker to fourth-ranked Stanfurd
Men's Swimming and Diving
Men's Water Polo
- It's time for the Aggie Shootout, where Cal will face Davis and Redlands
- A look at Hunter Gettelfinger's time at Cal--and the time he spent away from here
- The Golden Bears are playing Pacific on Friday night, then turning around for a rematch on Sunday afternoon
- Safety Michael Lowe and offensive tackle Freddie Tagaloa are Cal's scholar-athletes of the week
- While we all noticed receiver James Grisom on the field--scoring a 61-yard TD against Ohio State--he loves composing music off the field
- Defensive end Dan Camporeale will be a team captain against the Ducks
- Cal is first in the Pac-12 for contributions from true freshmen, thanks in large part to quarterback Jared Goff
- Is Goff ready to play as well as Oregon QB Marcus Mariota?
- A fantastic look at the work of Coaches Sonny Dykes and Tony Franklin--but for everything they must accomplish off-the-field
- After escaping defeat during our bye week, Deadspin gives us the slightest of bumps in their quest to rank all 125 teams
Week Cal's rank Preseason 88 1 65 2 74 3 79 4 76
More from California Golden Blogs: