We hoped we could get by against Portland State despite missing a key contributor in each tier of defense. However, it's looking like we might have the same problem against a much more intimidating foe in the form of the The Ohio State Buckeyes.
Dykes in presser said doesn't expect any of injured defensive starters back for Ohio St. DE McCain possibility. No Scarlett, Jalil, Forbes.— Jeff Faraudo (@JeffFaraudo) September 10, 2013
And if you're going to be at the big upcoming game, you better be on your best behavior--we're gonna have a lot of important guests.
Dykes said 150 recruits will be at the Ohio State game. Yes, 150! Lots of unofficial visits and Class of 2015 guys— Hunter Hewitt (@HunterHewitt) September 10, 2013
- By successfully defending Maxwell Family Field on opening weekend, the Bears improve to 3–1
- The NorPac Offensive Player of the Week is Cal's Andrea Earle!
Men's Water Polo
- The fourth-ranked Bears were undefeated at the Triton Invitational, outscoring their opponents 66–24
- Winning the Bluejay Invitational has propelled Cal to debut in the national rankings at no. 23
- Adrienne Gehan writes a quick blog about visiting Nebraska for the tournament
- The three Golden Bears at the Walker Cup have swept their opening-day matches
- The remaining Bears finished fourth at the Gopher Invitational
- Don't forget to #StripeMemorial!
- Footage of Sonny Dykes speaking to the team in the locker room after their win against the Vikings
- If you ever felt like a refresher course for your alphabet, SBNation's got you covered. Q stands for Cal!
- Put down that coffee or that energy drink; if you need a little energy boost, watch the pre-game motivational for the Portland State game
- Rivals is breaking down every snap that involved Jared Goff from Saturday's win; I can't even count that high
- Goff, Hardy Nickerson Jr., and Vincenzo D'Amato were nominated for Pac-12 player of the week, meaning Cal was recognized in all three phases of the game
- How does Cal--and the rest of the Pac-12--compare to the rest of the nation statistically through two games?
- The AP has a preview of our big nonconference match-up with Ohio State
- A look at the probability of each Pac-12 team making it to a bowl that isn't very friendly to the Golden Bears
- If you'd like to speculate, we may have a future first-round pick in 2015 with inside receiver Richard Rodgers joining Aaron Rodgers ten years after the Packers drafted the first Rodgers
- Shane Vereen will need surgery to fix a broken wrist, making his stand-out performance against the Bills even more impressive