With the release of the Associated Press preseason poll, it's official that Cal will face a poopload of highly-ranked teams.
As expected, the Alabama Crimson Tide are the top-ranked team in the preseason AP poll, released Saturday morning. Alabama is followed by Ohio State, Oregon, and Stanford, with Georgia rounding out the top five. South Carolina, Texas A&M, Louisville, Clemson, and Florida start the season in the Top 10.
I can't even count high enough to keep track of how many of our opponents are on that list.
Track and Field
- Alysia Montano continues her surge for the medal in the 800m, reaching the finals of the World Championships
- A profile of starting quarterback Jared Goff, who is wise beyond his years
- Uncle Ted's take on Goff earning the starter position
- Q&A with cornerback Stefan McClure
- The culmination of Ted Miller's preseason position analysis
- Cal great Aaron Rodgers discusses his clashes with Brett Favre and Greg Jennings and how to disappear at Berkeley
- After some impressive practices and a preseason performance, C.J. Anderson suffered a knee injury when practicing pass protection
- Catching up with Cal kickers Giorgio Tavecchio and Ryan Longwell
- ESPN chats with Nick Forbes