Cal Football celebrates a 40-year relationship with KGO by signing a five-year extension while Men's Basketball returns for the first time since 1992. Hope you're a fan of Joe Starkey!
Cal football and KGO Radio (810 AM) are extending one of the longest broadcast partnerships in sports with the announcement that the Golden Bears will return to the station for a 40th consecutive year in the fall for the start of a new five-year contract. In addition, Cal men's basketball games and the weekly Inside the Locker Room program will join the KGO lineup this year.
KGO Radio and IMG College, the multi-media rights holder for Cal Athletics and operator of the nation's largest independent sports radio network, have signed a five-year agreement that lasts through the 2017 football season and 2017-18 basketball campaign. The 50,000-watt station based in San Francisco can be heard from as far north as Redding, south to Fresno and to the coast in San Luis Obispo during the day. The signal also reaches into Canada, Colorado and Mexico at night.
Football fans have been able to follow the Bears on KGO Radio since 1974, while Cal men's basketball is making a return to the station for the first time since a 13-season run ended in 1992.
Oh, what a bonanza!
- Checking in with Strength and Conditioning Coach Damon Harrington
- Aaron Rodgers chats about giving a hearty "Go Bears" and his relationship with Coaches Dykes and Tedford (audio only)
- Grantland looks at the best quarterback per year with the Quarterback Championship Belt; Rodgers loves championship belts and this is no exception
- The Pac-12 profiles Nick Forbes, our defensive representative at the upcoming Pac-12 Media Day
- Uncle Ted over at ESPN previews and ranks our offensive line and tight end units
- Brendan Bigelow placed on the preseason watchlist for the Doak Walker Award
- Two-time National Coach of the Year will continue his 15-year Cal career (with 11 straight NCAA Tournament appearances) through the 2015 season
- A preview for the Pac-12 Network's program Timelines, which will take a look back at the tremendous 2012–2013 season
- Michael Kim roars his way to the finals of the U.S. Amateur Public Links Championship
- Team USA, featuring Cal's Valerie Arioto and Lindsey Ziegenhirt, earn the No. 1 overall seed thanks to their 5–0 record and a home run from Ziegenhirt