RJ Bell of Pregame.com collected every single betting line posted by the Golden Nugget (!) in Las Vegas. Vegas does not expect much from the Bears this season, as the Bears are double-digit underdogs in every game listed. For whatever reason, the Washington State and Colorado games are missing.
Want to make some money? Put some money down on the Arizona and USC point spreads.
- Phil Steele puts together his stock market indicator for college teams. With a bull market rating of 3, Cal has 75% chance of achieving the same or better record next season. Uncle Ted looks at Phil Steele's numbers from a Pac-12 perspective.
- Uncle Ted ranks the Pac-12's top troikas on defense. He ranks the Chris McCain, Nick Forbes, Michael Lowe trio ninth in the conference.
- Cal finished ranked no. 1 in the final Golfstate and Golfweek rankings.
- Golfweek's All-America first team includes Michael Kim while the second team features Michael Weaver, Joel Stalter, Max Homa, and Brandon Hagy.
- Bolstered by the performances of several Bears, the US leads 11.5-3.5 after Saturday's action at the Palmer Cup.
- Andrew Knapp was chosen by Philadelphia in the second round of the MLB Draft.
- Derek Campbell was also drafted. He went to the Cubs in the 36th round and will presumably return to Cal for his senior year.
Track and Field
- Amanda Hunter cleared 43' 3.25" to set a PR in the triple jump. She finished 12th at the NCAA Championships.