At today's press conference, Coach Sonny Dykes said what we've all known for weeks now--it's going to be hard work to rebuild the Cal program.
"It's the nature of college football, rebuilding is tough and it's hard on everybody and tough on everybody. But that's the reality." -Dykes— Cal Football (@CalFootball) November 12, 2013
Team leaders are instrumental in this process, but they aren't immune from injuries. With the team's leaders all off the field, Dykes has seen some players step up to fill the void.
Dykes says that w/ leaders @ start of season (Sebastian, Scarlett, Forbes, McClure) not playing. Treggs, Rigsbee have emerged in their place— Ryan Gorcey (@RGBearTerritory) November 12, 2013
One sign of progress in our rebuilding mission is the return of QB Jared Goff, who attributes his strong recent performances to mature lesson he's learned.
Another player who recently began to impress the CGB crew is LB Hardy Nickerson, Jr. Unlike Goff, however, Nickerson will be unable to finish out 2013 riding that success as his injury will keep him out of action for about half of a year.
Lastly, BFF Alert!
Dykes says he and Mike McIntyre are "good friends," and talk on the phone during the season.— Ryan Gorcey (@RGBearTerritory) November 12, 2013
- Guard Tyrone Wallace is the Pac-12 Player of the Week (get ready to read this a lot in today's GN)
- The fourth-ranked Bears (12–3–2, 6–2–1 Pac-12) are stunned by that sickening school in Seattle and I'm speechless
- The Golden Bears are in the NCAA tourney!
— Elliott Almond (@ElliottAlmond) November 11, 2013
- Movin' on up!
— Cal Volleyball (@CalVolleyball) November 11, 2013
- The freshman bear–on–freshman bear violence at the ASU Thunderbird Invitational was for the top singles crown
- ESPN's Power Rankings make it official--the Cal-Colorado game is to determine the Pac-12 basement
- Game preview courtesy of CalBears.com
- Game highlights of the USC game--yes, they do exist