After detailing his policy of keeping all positions under constant evaluation, the neck-to-neck competition between Jared Goff and Zach Kline, and explaining the only important QB stat is wins, Coach Sonny Dykes declared in the post-Washington press conference that Goff has secured the job of starting quarterback.
Dykes said barring injury, he thinks Goff will start the rest of the season. Called him the "long-term" answer— Hunter Hewitt (@HunterHewitt) October 27, 2013
Take a minute to check out how the other Cal squads are doing and let us know how you feel about the QB decision in the poll and in the comments!
- Undefeated no more as the first-ranked Golden Bears (10–1–2, 4–0–1 in conference) were upset by University of San Diego (not to be confused with conference rival SDSU)
- A recap of Cal at the Pac-12 Media Day
- Some additional quotes from Associate Head Coach Charmin Smith and point guard Brittany Boyd
Men's Water Polo
Women's Water Polo
- Cal won its pool to earn a place in the quarterfinals against Arizona State at the Saint Mary's Sevens Invitational
- The Golden Bears upset the no. 20 Ducks and Adrienne Gehan is five kills away from joining the 1000 club
- Class is in session for Volleyball 101: The importance of serving
- Game recaps by Cal Athletics, SFGate, and the AP
- Your Scholar-Athletes of the Week are CB Caleb Coleman and S Avery Sebastian
- Athlon Sports is grading the first-year coaches and Dykes didn't do too well...
- Looks like RB CJ Anderson is ready for action after his preseason injury
— Dan Greenspan (@DanGreenspan) October 25, 2013
- E:60 takes a look at the role Marshawn Lynch plays in his Oakland community