At the post-game press conference, Dykes had the unenviable task of addressing another disheartening Cal loss. He attributed the loss to poor performance in all facets of the program, rather than throw one under the bus.
"we didnt play well, and obviously we didnt do a good job (as coaches to prepare)"— GoldenBlogs (@GoldenBlogs) October 20, 2013
After QB Jared Goff's second turnover-laden performance led to Zach Kline relieving him, the issues of Kloff for starting quarterback has unsurprisingly been revived, but Dykes did not provide any hints about the future.
another QB question: "all spots are open for competition" but no decision to be made until staff reviews the tape, said Zach did well— GoldenBlogs (@GoldenBlogs) October 20, 2013
Kline had his chance at the podium, where he discussed the importance of leadership and proudly representing our fine university.
"...give your best" that and "stepping up" were consistent themes in Zach's remarks— GoldenBlogs (@GoldenBlogs) October 20, 2013
And, lastly, some unfortunate stat updates about our Golden Bears:
Don't forget to follow us on @GoldenBlogs to read the rest of their comments and hear from other players like CB Kameron Jackson.
- A look at the eight Bears who are a part of the 2013 class for the Cal Athletic Hall of Fame
- Vanessa Gerber of Women's Crew gives the GBAC Report--a summary of Golden Bear Advisory Committee meeting where they discussed volunteer opportunities and fashion shows
- Video of College Sports Day, where our student-athletes worked with underprivileged kids to give them a taste of Cal Athletics
Women's Water Polo
Men's Water Polo
Women's Swimming and Diving
- Elizabeth Pelton set a Spieker record in the 200-yd backstroke to help establish a Cal lead over Florida on day one of our two-day meet
- ThisIsCalBasketball.com launches tonight!
- In the final installment of Meet the Freshmen, we're introducing Mercedes Jefflo
- Let's shadow Justin Cobbs at Pac-12 Media Day. Can he score an interview with the ever-elusive Mike Montgomery?
- Footage from yesterday's open practice:
- With four seconds left on the clock, senior captain Emi Lawson scored a game-tying goal against Colorado, pushing the game into overtime and eventually leading to a double-overtime draw
- Kelsey Santisteban won her third individual title to lead Cal to a team victory at the Pre-Nationals Invitational
- Three singles players and two doubles teams have advanced to the round of 16 at the USTA/ITA Northwest Regional Championships
- The wins keep coming with three doubles teams and three singles players advancing at the USTA/ITA Northwest Regional Championships
- No. 4 Cal's fall season will come to a close at the Isleworth Collegiate Invitational this week
- In his second pro outing, Max Homa has advanced to the third round of the Shriners Hospital for Children Open
- More coverage of the game from CalBears.com, video from ESPN, SFGate, and the AP
- More post-game quotes, notes, and a-stats-related-word-that-rhymes-with-quotes courtesy of the SFGate
- Inside Receivers Coach/Special Teams Coordinator Mark Tommerdahl discusses his favorite part of Berkeley--the great outdoors
- RB Mitchel Bartolo and LB Hardy Nickerson Jr are the Scholar-Athletes of the Week
- K Vincenzo D'Amato was named to Phil Steele's fourth-team midseason All-American team. D'Amato, DT Deandre Coleman, WR Chris Harper, and KR Khalfani Muhammad received all-conference honors
- The SFGate profiles OL Mark Brazinski, who's looking for his on-field performance to match his classroom success
- RB Coach Pierre Ingram ran a 4.2 forty to witness the birth of his daughter Berkley