Jeff Tedford didn't appear to have anything insightful to say following another blowout loss to USC, so we'll see what Maynard and Allen said about the game.
QB Zach Maynard
"USC has a great team and had a great game plan. They were jamming our receivers off the ball and they were getting hit once they caught the ball."
On struggles in the red zone
"It was unfortunate how a couple of our plays panned out. We had good plays, but there's not as much field to work with down there. They were crashing our run game and we just didn't have some plays pan out."
On having trouble connecting with Keenan Allen at times
"Keenan thinks he's open a lot (said with a chuckle). They doubled and tripled him every time. He did a great job, but I had to release as quickly as I could so I tried to put it in there, but USC did a great job on defense."
WR Keenan Allen
"There were a lot of play calls we couldn't get to because the protection keys were off. We couldn't seem to get it clicking until late in the second half.
"We have to execute consistently. It's something we have to work on. We need to get the ball in the end zone and get points on the board. Against top teams like this, you can't win with field goals.
"We blew a couple things out there that could've been touchdown plays. No one player is to blame. We we'll go into the film room and try to improve."
It looks like no one asked Tedford about Bigelow or the pass-heavy offense in the red zone. That's a shame. More links after the jump.
- Faraudo's live thread follows the events of the game. Relive the pain over and over!
- Faraudo posts his post-game notes. As expected, Hagan is out for the year. Matt Summers-Gavin also sat out the game, despite being announced as a starter.
- Crumpacker recaps the game. Tedford says he believes the Bears can still earn a bowl berth.
- Ken Crawford at EMFMV posts his post-game thoughts. Like the rest of us, he was wondering why Bigelow did not get more carries.
- BearTerritory recaps the game with a handful of Tedford quotes. Naturally, Tedford says the same generic things he always says after these losses.
- BearInsider recaps the game.
- Faraudo recaps the game and includes a gallery of 40 photos.
- Cal is one of only four Pac-12 teams not going to a bowl in Uncle Ted's bowl projections.
- The women's team finished fourth and the men's team finished sixth at the Panorama Farms Invitational.
- The men's team beat Duquesne (who?) 4-1.
- The no. 15 women's team opened Pac-12 play with a 2-1 loss to Arizona.
- CalBears.com continues its Q & A with the team's six freshman. This week they talk to Netherlands native Joelle van Hoorn.