Cal Football Blog lists a top 3 "games to watch this year". The games are Ohio State, USC and Washington. Does any game (or do any games) stand out to you?
I think Oregon deserves some consideration too.
Here's my top 5 most-anticipated games for the 2012 season.
5. Cal vs. Stanfurd - Big Game at #5? It's lost a little bit of appeal considering that Andrew Luck isn't there any more. And while beating Furd without Luck isn't as sweet as beating them with Luck, I still want the win.
atomsareenough: Most anticipated, in order:
12. Southern Utah (Little upside other than lots of points and much cannon fire)
1. Stanford. Duh.
12. Southern Utah. Duh.
1. tOSU: this game will likely define our season. We have the chance to notch a major upset, show we can hang with a historically elite program, or demonstrate continued incompetence on the road in hostile venues.
2. Nevada: New Memorial opens up. Kickoff. You just can't replicate the excitement of the season opener.
3. UW: There will be blood.
4. Stanford: I look forward to their delicious tears after we stifle their one-dimensional offense.
5. Oregon: We've had great crowds for Oregon games in recent years (even in the monsoon in 2008). This game should be no different.
6. Utah: another barometer game that gives us the opportunity to earn a quality win on the road...or continue to struggle in games where we should be competitive.
7. Southern Utah: I particularly like the second halves of these games, as we can finally see some of the younger players in a live-game situation. After Bridg was pretty disappointing in mop-up duty last year, I'm hoping to see some improvement this year.
8. Washington State: I'm excited for the Mike Leach era at WSU, but I'm not very excited to face them. This could be one of those annual faceplant games. We're better on both sides of the ball, but that hasn't kept us from embarrassing ourselves in the past.
9. UCLA: Jim Mora does not get me excited me about UCLA football. At least Neuheisel offered comic relief.
10. Oregon State: I think we should be favored to win, but I am never excited about trips to Corvalis, particularly in November.
12. USC: this is going to be a slaughter. I am not looking forward to it.
12. Arizona State: I do not care at all about college football in the state of Arizona. Cal should cruise to an easy victory over an inexperience, overmatched team.
As a Berkeley commie, I believe that all games should be viewed equally. We cannot have the 1% of games oppressing the 99%! WASHINGTON STATE PLAYERS OF THE WORLD, UNITE! YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE, BUT EVERY GAME TO CAL!