- Incoming freshman, Rachel Bootsma become a first time Olympian by getting the 2nd place in Women's 100 Back ahead of Natalie Coughlin (who also lost her American Record in this, her signature event, in the same race to Missy Franklin).
- A disappointing 3rd place finish for Jessica Hardy in 100 Breast (where Hardy hold the American Record).
- Caitlin Leverenz and Elizabeth Pelton both won their semifinals to advances to the 200 IM Final on Thursday night
Prelim (tape delayed) on NBCSN from 3:30-5 pm PT (results)
Finals (live on NBC, except for the West Coast, and online on NBCOlympics.com...may require an account from TV provider): 5-6 pm PT
Day 3 Events:
Women's 200m Free - Semifinal
Men's 200m Free - Final
Women's 100m Back - Final
Men's 100m Back - Final
Women's 100m Breast - Final
Men's 200m Fly - Semifinal
Women's 200m IM -- Semifinal
Bears to watch out for:
- Women's 100 Back has been dominated by Natalie Coughlin the last two Olympics, but she will need to do much better than what she has shown in the prelim and semifinal in this Olympic Trial to hold off the youngsters (including incoming Bears, Rachel Boostma and Elizabeth Pelton, as well as phenom Missy Franklin).
- Jessica Hardy, despite now training with the Trojans, has the second best time in 100 Breast in the semifinals.
- Women's 200 Free should see Dana Vollmer as a contender.
- Women's 200 IM semifinal will have both Caitlin Leverenz and Elizabeth Pelton as contenders.
- Tom Shields, the reigning Pac-12 Swimmer of the Year and the 2012 NCAA Championship Swimmer of the Meet, and Will Hamilton are in the Men's 200 Fly Semifinal.