BeyondtheBets.com predicted the point spreads for every college football game this season. They also used these predictions to project the final standings in the Pac-12. Cal is projected to finish 7-5, tied for third with UW and behind Oregon (8-1) and Stanford (7-2 [?!?!?!]). Here are Cal's predicted point spreads.
Nevada at California -14
Southern Utah at California -34.5
California at Ohio State -14
California at USC -20
Arizona State at California -14
UCLA at California -7.5
California -2.5 at Washington State
Stanford -3 at California
California at Utah -6
Washington at California -2
Oregon -10 at California
California -4 at Oregon State
After the jump we also have 2012-13 basketball projections and the Cal Athletics year officially comes to an end as track and field wraps at up the NCAA Championships.
- Uncle Ted looks at who will be this year's 1,000-yard receivers in the Pac-12. Keenan Allen is an obvious choice after posting 1,343 yards last year. With Maynard improving as a QB, Allen should be able to surpass that mark this season.
- Wilner has some way-too-early Pac-12 predictions for the 2012-13 season. He currently has the Bears finishing 5th, although the Bears could move up if others step up to contribute alongside Cobb and Crabbe.
- CalBears.com has a retrospective on the women's team this season.
- Chelsea Reilly finished 9th in the 5000m. This was her final race as a Bear and her best individual finish at a national meet.
- Scott Esparza finished 21st in the hammer and Chad Jones was 24th in the triple jump.
- U.S. women's coach Pia Sundhage talks about the upcoming Olympics and the role she expects Alex Morgan to play on the team.
- Cal rugby alum Brenden Hobson took leave from work to offer a big hand to the rugby team for last week's 7s championship. The former Marine Captain took the team to various training sessions and tournament functions throughout the week.