Shane Vereen expects to be drafted sometime this weekend. The big question is whether he'll be drafted this afternoon or sometime tomorrow.
Vereen -- who has been told to expect his name called anywhere from the start of the second round to the end of the third -- has reason to feel overlooked, but his humility and self control prevents him from making much of it.
Asked if 31 teams will definitely have a problem with him due to not drafting him [in the first round], Vereen simply laughed as if he just heard a good joke for the first time. "31 passed up? Yeah."
Unlike teammate Cameron Jordan, Vereen will spend the lead-up to his selection at home with immediate family. He'll begin the draft watching from the family couch, "but if it gets to be too much, I'll probably leave the house," said Vereen.
That should answer any question as to how big the draft is for Vereen. Excited? Nervous? You bet.
"I'm everything all in one," said Cal's third all-time rushing touchdown maker of what he's feeling going into the weekend.
"I'm nervous," continued Vereen. "I'm very excited. It's just a great experience and I'm extremely blessed to be going through it."
- In case you somehow forgot about the NFL Draft yesterday, Cameron Jordan was drafted 24th by the New Orlean Saints. He wore a red and black shirt to the draft, but otherwise we're all very happy for him.
- New Orleans is among the three teams whose draft Mel Kiper likes. He says Cam was a steal at 24th.
- New Orleans also earns a spot among the list of winners from ESPN's John Clayton.
- Cam talks about falling so far in the draft, the experience being there in person, and getting to work when he joins the team.
- New Orleans' director of college scouting talks about the decision to draft Cam and where he'll fit in with their 4-3 defense.
- Conte and Mohamed should both be chosen sometime during day 3 of the draft.
- JO has some further analysis on Beau Sweeney's decision to transfer.
- DeNesha Stallworth met with Lindsay Gottlieb yesterday morning. She has not ruled out a return to Cal, but she is not seriously considering it either.