Have you filled out a report card for the ASU game?
20 players just turned in a fine effort in their last regular-season game as Cal's senior class. The Cal Kickoff gameday magazine recently collected quotes from all of them as they recall their fondest memories of Cal and express their boundless gratitude. Let's see what some of Cal's finest athletes had to say:
Bryan Anger "I would like to thank my family. By them, I was given a solid foundation to build upon a great future, which has only grown here at Cal. To Coach Alamar, Coach Tedford and the rest of the coaching staff, I thank you for bringing me into such a great place and giving me the opportunity to grow into the man that I am today. I would like to thank all of my teammates and friends here at Cal. may think that it is just a game that we play, but it is much more. It is the lead in to a system that provides us with all of the necessary tools to build a successful future. I will forever bleed blue and gold...GO BEARS!!"
Marvin Jones "It feels like yesterday that I was trotting out on the field for the first time as a true freshman, curious about how the next four years of my life would unfold. want to thank Coach Tedford for trusting in me, at a young age, with responsibilities on and off of the field. I would like to notice former Coach Ferigno for getting me to Cal and Coach Keisau who came in and sharpened my skill in my final year and trusted me as a leader to carry our guys. I would like to thank my family who traveled to almost every single one of my games! I love you all. Finally, I would like to thank my girlfriend, Jazmyn, my son, Marvin Jones III, and my newest addition, Mareon Jones, for keeping me grounded and motivating me to push hard at everything I do. "
Ernest Owusu "As I close my experience as a Golden Bear, I refuse to be sad it happened, but rather glad it happened. It's been a wild roller coaster. Whether I was trying to concentrate during workouts as tree people dropped their buckets on police or experiencing the jubilation of watching all of bear territory storm the field after we beat Stanford, my experience at Cal has been truly unique. I can attribute that to all of the support I have received from my coaches, teammates, fans and family. So as my time descends, just know that I will bleed blue and gold until the day I die. I love ya, bear territory. Go Bears!"
Giorgio Tavecchio "God knows how I got to Cal and God knows where I will go in the future, but one thing is for certain- my time here has been incredible. From the times of struggle, whether it was on or off the field to the times of success, I cannot believe the experiences that I have been a part of. For this, I have to thank the Cal football program for giving me this unbelievable opportunity, thank my teammates for making it so memorable and thank my family and friends for sticking with me through it all. "Tanto, se tutto va bene siamo rovinati!" I truly lived the dream...God Bless and Go Bears!"
After the jump Cal outguns ASU in the desert, Monty's team bounced back with a solid win over Denver, and volleyball notches a big upset over Stanford.
- Finishing the season on a high note, the Bears might be the Pac-12's hottest commodity not named Stanford or Oregon heading into the bowl season. Alamo Bowl and Holiday Bowl officials expressed interest in selecting the Bears this postseason.
- CalBears.com has quotes from Tedford, Isi Sofele, C.J. Anderson, and Giorgio Tavecchio. A major topic was the team's growth and improvement since the midseason struggles. Dennis Erickson and Brock Osweiler also have some quotes.
- CalBears.com has some photos from the game: plenty of pictures of Bears running in open space!
- BearTerritory.net recaps the game and includes some quotes. CalSportsDigest recaps the game. Stiglich recaps the game and includes some photos. Uncle Ted recaps the game for ESPN.
- After a slow start, the men's team cruised to an 80-59 victory over a then-undefeated Denver team.
- CalBears.com has a handful of photos from the Denver game.
- BearTerritory.net recaps the game.
- CalBears.com has video and quotes from the post-game press conference. There were many questions about the Bears' loss to Missouri and the sentiment is that the team is learning from that experience while also trying to put it behind them.
- The women's team opened the Waikiki Marriott Rainbow Wahine Showdown with a 69-54 win over Hawaii.
- Coach Gottlieb has some postgame quotes.
- The women's basketball team nearly upset no. 24 Texas. They held the lead until the final minute and allowed Texas to escape with a 61-60 win.
- Coach Gottlieb speaks at the post-game press conference. She believe the Bears can be an elite team, but they have to be able to take care of the little things throughout the game.
- The Bears opened the MPSF tournament with a 15-9 win over UC Irvine.
- The Bears lost in overtime to UCLA in the MPSF tournament semifinals.
- The Bears ended the regular season with a big win over no. 6 Stanford. NCAA tournament seeds will be announced Sunday (today!) at 3pm on ESPNU.
- CalBears.com asks several of the players about their Thanksgiving day traditions.