Yes, doom is in the air. Logic and reason say that tomorrow's game won't be pretty. But, if there's one thing that the dedicated Cal football fan has mastered, it's the art of self-delusion. To fuel the fires of "anything can happen in the Big Game," let's pump that sunshine and remember some of the Tedford Era Big Game heroes. (For a more in-depth look at each game, click the links provided at each year.)
Cal 30, Stanfurd 7
- Mighty Joe Igber runs for a Big Game record 226 yards as the Tedford-led Bears stop a streak of seven straight losses.
- The Cal students tear down both goal posts and carry one of them down Bancroft to Sproul Plaza.
Cal 28, Stanfurd 16
- Aaron Rodgers leads the Bears back from an early 10-0 deficit and goes 26-37 for 359 yards and 3 touchdowns.
- Geoff McArthur catches an insane 16 passes for 245 yards despite being double and triple covered all game long.
Cal 41, Stanfurd 6
- JJ Arrington carries 27 times for 169 yards.
- Marshawn Lynch carries 9 times for 122 yards.
- The Cal defense sacks TC Ostrander 6 times.
Cal 27, Stanfurd 3
- Quarterback turned fullback turned quarterback Steve Levy starts in place of the infamous Joe Ayoob and leads the team to victory. Although his stats were modest, his career-best 56-yard bomb to Desean Jackson broke the game open.
- The Cal defense held the 'furds to 16 yards net rushing on the day.
Cal 26, Stanfurd 17
- Tom Schneider hits 4 field goals, including a 55-yarder.
- Zach Follett sacks TC Ostrander, forces a fumble, and Syd'Quan Thompson recovers for a touchdown.
Cal 37, Stanfurd 16
- Jahvid Best runs 19 times for 201 yards. He has one of trademark 60-yard runs for a touchdown as well as a clever hook and ladder that he also takes to the house.
- Tyson Alualu and the Cal defense stop Gerhart three times before half at the 1 yard line. They also stop him on 4th and 1 to stop a 'furd drive at the Cal 28.
Cal 34, Stanfurd 28
- Shane Vereen dons the hard hat and rushes an amazing 42 times en route to 193 yards and three touchdowns.
- Mike Mohammed picks off Andrew Luck in the final seconds to seal the victory.
Does this year's Cal team have an epic performance in them? Will someone rise up to stand against the depressingly daunting 'furd onslaught? We want the Axe! Go Bears!