Don't forget to fill out a report card for the Cal-Oregon game! We will post the gleaming results this weekend.
After turning in a solid first half (a couple TDs short of brilliant), it all fell apart for the Bears in the second half. Tedford, Maynard, and Jones discuss the game. The link also includes comments from Kelly and the Ducks, including LaMichael James who discusses his elbow injury. Tedford is first to speak:
On the future...
"Each time out is a different challenge. Each time out is a learning experience. We'll take a look at the tape and see how we can improve and how we can help as coaches. Like I told the team, we all share responsibility in this. We need to coach better, put them in a good position to be successful and everyone is responsible for it. We'll take some good things away. We didn't win the football game, but there are always some good things and you have to recognize the good things. The guys played hard. The guys competed hard. It's not a lack of effort."
On the team after halftime...
"It was competitive. We were looking forward to going out and competing hard second half. Then [Oregon] got on a roll and we couldn't respond. Once they get going like that, you have got to be able to respond to that. And we couldn't do it. We couldn't score those points."
On his performance...
"It was very frustrating for me. I should have converted on third down more and completed more passes. The offensive line did a great job, but I just have to get the ball out faster."
On the crowd...
"No, I didn't feel like it was that loud. It was loud at times, though."
On Zach Maynard...
"I knew he wasn't feeling like himself. I was just trying to help him, get his confidence up."
After the jump you can relive the game again and again on ESPN3, LaMichael James' X-rays are negative, and Cal hosts its first-ever Social Media Day next Tuesday to allow fans to interact with players and coaches.
Cal will hold its first-ever Social Media Day on Tuesday, October 11th. From 10am to 3pm, fans will be able to interact with the following participants:
Men's basketball head coach Mike Montgomery
Women's basketball head coach Lindsay Gottlieb
Volleyball head coach Rich Feller
Football's Sean Cattouse
Football's Marvin Jones
Women's basketball's Layshia Clarendon
Men's water polo's Ivan Rackov
Men's basketball's Allen Crabbe
Women's soccer Danielle Brunache
- Want to relive the
magichorror from last night's game? ESPN3.com has the game on demand.
- Ted Miller recaps the game, which was one part 2010 game and one part 2009. At least we won the first half?
- Check out BearTerritory's recap of the game. The terrible analogy in the opening paragraph is worth the price of admission.
- CalSportsDigest recaps the game.
- CalBears.com has a photo gallery from the game.
- Marc Anthony has a separated shoulder and will almost certainly miss the USC game.
- X-rays were negative on James' dislocated elbow and he could return as soon as a few weeks from now.
- Tavecchio's 54-yard field goal was a career best.
- Jana Juricova, the top-ranked women's tennis player in the NCAA, advanced to the round of 16 at the 2011 Riviera/ITA Women's All-American Tennis Championships.
- Several members of the men's team participated in the 2011 ITA Men's All-American Tennis Championships, but none advanced past the round of 32.