Pop Quiz Hotshot! What Pac10 team is the best in football, but might just be the worst team in basketball? If you answered Cal, you are partially right and partially wrong. We are the best in football (real world results, notwithstanding). But, in actuality, it is Oregon who might be the worst Pac10 team in basketball. They were in the Elite 8 not too long ago. But Ducks migrate South for the winter (Disclaimer: I am a humanities major and my science knowledge is about as expansive as my math, engineering, business, or real world knowledge).
They cut their ties with Ernie Kent last year and first year coach Dana Altman has quite the job ahead of him. However, despite the lack of success in recent times, Altman seems to have the Ducks headed the right way, including a key victory over the Beavs last week. Could Oregon upset the Cal Bears in Saturday's game? I sure hope not!
To find out more about Oregon and their new, mind-bogglelingly odd court, we talked with Takimoto of Addicted To Quack fame. His answers to our questions after the jump. GO BEARS!
1. How do you plan to stop Cal's fast paced, no huddle offense in this game?
2. What do you *really* think about your new court? Be as honest and unrelentingly critical as you want!
3. What are your thoughts on first year coach Dana Altman so far? What do you see as his strengths, aside from not being Ernie Kent?
4. How smug are you about your new basketball facilities, now that they seem to have landed you Jabari Brown? (Still bitter about that, btw)
5. Who is the #1 Cal player you are concerned about?
6. Who should Cal fans be worried about regarding the Oregon offense?
7. Who should Cal fans be worried about regarding the Oregon defense?
8. What is the biggest surprise for the Ducks team this year?
9. Who do you want to punch in the face?
- Steeler fans, the most annoying fans in football.
- Matthew Bryan-Amaning, continuing a long and storied tradition of douchey Fuskie big men.
- The Stanford tree, since this year's version blows more than usual.
- Nick Fairley, as long as he isn't allowed to fight back. That dude is scary.