Group Standings (Top 10 of 177)
|1||ATQ Dave atqdave||42 of 60||78||94|
|1||Maxer Bracket maxer25||40 of 60||78||94|
|1||The Valiant Carpetbaggers Whohah||41 of 60||78||94|
|4||Phoenix Five demkid2008||41 of 60||77||125|
|4||Our Sturdy Mike Montgomery slims||38 of 60||77||93|
|6||So Sue Me hydro_technician||41 of 60||76||92|
|7||Monty's Pythons Joe||44 of 60||75||91|
|7||the_panda_empire Kyle||37 of 60||75||91|
|7||Ohio Bear Cal 1992||38 of 60||75||91|
|7||racsan anuragjain2006||44 of 60||75||91|
|133||Yellow Fever * Brother Bruce||32 of 60||51||51|
Looks like we have an interloper in our midst. At the top of our midst, actually. Use this post as your open thread for tonight's final four games.
Rather than go through fun and wacky stats about how everyone bracket got busted (since that already happened during the first weekend), let's take a look at the brackets of some of our more vociferous readers so we can laugh at them.
The good: Had five of the eight teams in the Elite Eight.
The bad: Only has one team in the Final Four.
The ugly: Had Butler losing in the second round and Michigan State losing in the next.
The good: I can find nothing notable about his bracket.
The bad: Picked Louisville in the first round. But we've been down this road before.
The ugly: Picked no upsets in the East region. Come on now.
The good: Got the East and South Elite Eight and Final Four participants all right.
The bad: Got the West and North Elite Eight and Final Four participants all wrong.
The ugly: Has Syracuse winning it all. Blech.
The good: Picked West Virginia and Duke to make the Final Four.
The bad: Had Tennessee losing in the first round.
The ugly: Utah State making the Sweet 16. Wait, what?
The good: Correctly picked the Old Dominion and St. Mary's upsets in the first round.
The bad: Has Georgetown winning it all. Yeah, that Georgetown.
The ugly: Also has Pittsburgh in the Final Four. Big East FTL!
The good: Got five of the Elite Eight.
The bad: Got zero of the Final Four.
The ugly: Let me say that again. Got five of the Elite Eight. Got zero of the Final Four.
The good: Trusts in the wisdom of authority. Picked only one upset in the first round. Picked all four no. 1 seeds, three no. 2s, and one no. 3 to make it to the Elite Eight. All four no. 1s in the Final Four.
The bad: Had Villanova getting to the Elite Eight.
The ugly: All four no. 1s in the Final Four?
The good: Picked Northern Iowa in round 1.
The bad: Didn't pick Northern Iowa in round 2.
The ugly: Had Wisconsin and Villanova in the Final Four. Somewhere, Jay Wright laughs in disbelief.
The bad: No, really, there's so much red on here I don't even know where to start.
The ugly: Just look at the damn thing already.
The good: Had Cal winning it all!
The bad: Had Cal winning it all.
The ugly: Picked 14 of 15 games correctly in the East region...and 2 of 15 in the South.
The good: Nailed the Cornell and Washington upsets in the East.
The bad: Picked the San Diego State upset over Tennessee and not the Ohio over Georgetown upset in the Midwest.
The ugly: Couldn't figure out where Oregon was on his bracket.
I don't even know what to say about this.
So let's run some scenarios so you can figure out who to root for this weekend.
- If Michigan State beats West Virginia, ATQ Dave and Maxer Bracket tie for first with 94 points
- If Michigan State beats Duke, The Valiant Carpetbaggers wins with 94 points
- If Butler beats West Virginia, ATQ Dave and Maxer Bracket again tie for first with 94 points
- If Butler beats Duke, The Valiant Carpetbaggers again wins with 94 points
- If West Virginia beats Michigan State, Phoenix Five wins with 125 points
- If West Virginia beats Butler, Phoenix Five again wins with 125 points
- If Duke beats Michigan State, Neuheisel's Winners wins with 115 points
- If Duke beats Michigan State, Neuheisel's Winners again wins with 115 points
- If West Virginia wins it all, Phoenix Five wins
- If Duke wins it all, Neuheisel's Winners wins
- If West Virginia makes it to the final and loses, ATQ Dave and Maxer Bracket tie for first
- If Duke makes it to the final and loses, The Valiant Carpetbaggers wins