On February 3, 2009, offensive lineman Chris Adcock sent in his Letter Of Intent to enroll at Cal and play for the Golden Bears. He played left tackle, deep snapper, and defensive tackle at the high school level. My understanding is that they are looking for him to play Center eventually at Cal. It looks like he has a lot of versatility and the intelligence to pick up several positions. From his official website (linked above), check this out:
GPA-4.0, Ranked 1st in class.
SAT= Verbal and Math =1420/1600, Math=760/800
Ok, those were better numbers than I had applying to Cal! And I completely lack any athletic skill. This guy is the total package! And, to illustrate his intelligence, he agreed to do an interview with the California Golden Blogs. After the jump, see his thoughts on why he chose Cal, who his friends on the team are, and his thoughts on becoming one of the newest Bears. Many thanks to Chris Adcock for his time here! Welcome aboard, Chris! GO BEARS!
1) What originally interested you in Cal? What was the biggest appeal you saw in coming to play for the Bears?
1) I originally contacted Cal because my dad went to UC Davis and had always kind of been a Cal fan and my mom is from Merced, CA. Because of that I have family through different parts of the state and had frequently visited California and had always been aware of the great education available at Cal. Because of all this Cal was on the short list of schools that I wanted to play for. The biggest appeal to come and play for the Bears was the education followed by a close second of big-time PAC-10 football.
2) What do you look for in a school?
3) How did the facilities at Cal affect your decision?
4) What were your feelings on the way Cal played this year?
5) Who was your host on the team, or the guy you've talked to the most? What's your relationship like?
6) Please share w/ the fans your fondest recruiting story.
8) What are you looking forward to the most being a Golden Bear? Do you have any dreams or aspirations to accomplish during your student/athlete career at Cal?
9)You attended both the US Army All-American and Football University Combine. Can you tell us more about your Combine experiences and how they helped you to become a better player?
10) How do you think your skills will develop at the next level fighting in the trenches for the Golden Bears?