Pete Carroll is as surprised that Cal lost like that as we are. In fact, the LATimes says he's a bit confused about how to plan for Cal. Does this mean the Autzen Massacre was merely a front to confuse the Trojans into playing poorly and losing Saturday? We will see...
"It was so far out of character and out of line with that they'd done up until this point," Carroll said Sunday.
"They looked great on film, throwing it well, running it well, playing good defense," Carroll said of the pre-Oregon Golden Bears. "And all of a sudden: 42-3. It's kind of hard to figure that one out to tell you the truth. I'm sure they're thinking the same thing."
After the jump Tedford, Gregory, and their players respond to the loss, Wilner (half-jokingly, or maybe not) prepares to hop on the Stanford Rose Bowl bandwagon, and more.
- Tedford recognizes that every opponent is going to stack the box on Cal. They just have to figure out how to get the passing game going to open up the running lanes for Best. Farudo has quotes from Tedford after Sunday's film session. It's a good read to get a sense of how the Bears are feeling now. JO has quotes from Tedford, Tucker, Riley, Best, Tepper, Mohamed, and Gregory.
- Daily Cal article says Cal has to prevent a downward spiral like what happened in 2007.
- Jon Wilner plays monday morning quarterback. He has some good points, though.
- Cal is third in Ted Miller's Pac-10 power rankings.
- Looking ahead to this weekend, all-everything safety Taylor Mays felt a bit limited by his knee against WSU, but expects improvement in time for USC-Cal.
- After losing to New Mexico, men's soccer bounced back with a 2-1 win over Air Force in the Stanford Nike Classic.
- Field hockey picked a great day to break out of its five-game losing slump and triumphed 4-3 over No. 13 Stanford.
- CalBears.com profiles the freshmen from women's soccer.