It's Thursday and that means everyone and their mothers have predictions for this weekend's game.
Ted Miller predicts a 30-24 Cal victory.
3 out of 4 CBS experts predict a Cal victory. The lone dissenter says:
I'm not sure we know how good Cal is yet. The fact that it needed every one of Jahvid Best's five touchdowns to beat Minnesota distrubs me. Oregon's offense is just rounding into shape with LaMichael James going for 152 yards against Utah. On the undercard, watch for the DB battle between Syd'Quan Thompson and Walter Thurmond III. The Ducks, wearing uniform combo No. 1,324, catch the Bears looking ahead to USC.
Phil Steele predicts a 37-27 Cal victory.
Bruce Feldman predicts a 34-20 Cal victory.
MSNBC's John Tamanaha predicts a 31-28 Oregon victory, saying:
The overhyped Bears provide the Ducks with a golden opportunity to get that done. Cal QB Kevin Riley hasn’t made any mistakes yet this season ... meaning that he is due for a couple.
Using similar logic, CalBandGreat plans to win the lottery later this week. He's overdue, right?
After the jump we find out why the Bears, according to Tedford, have "the cleanest hands in America." We also look ahead to this weekend's matchup in football as well as the rest of Cal sports' weekend matchups.
- With Matt Summers-Gavin ill with the flu, the Bears are taking no chances with illness. Best, Thompson, and Payne sat out practice with soreness, but all should play at close to full capacity on Saturday.
- Best answers post-practice questions about Oregon, his health, getting tired, and Heisman hype. Best and the rest of the Bears understand what it takes to win a Pac-10 title.
- Oregon feels disrespected to be unranked (32nd, technically) but embraces the underdog role.
- SFChronicle has assorted bits of information.
- Gregory's unit has always fared well against Oregon's powerful spread-option. This year Oregon's offense is 6th in the conference in ppg (25.7) and last in yardage (273.3).
- Wilner on why now is Riley's time to shine. Riley looks back to his fourth quarter in Autzen in 2007.
- Oregon's freshman punter Jackson Rice grew up a Cal fan, but looks forward to playing them this weekend. Let's hope he has plenty of opportunities to punt this Saturday.
- FoxSports goes over how this is yet another opportunity for Cal win win the Pac-10.
- Daily Cal looks at the Pac-10's women's volleyball. Don't forget to support Cal's volleyball team at the Big Spike this Friday at 7pm.
- No. 7 women's soccer hosts Cal Poly Friday at 4pm.
- No. 4 men's water polo visits No. 16 Pacific Saturday at noon.
- Field hockey has a tough weekend ahead with No. 13 Stanford visiting Sunday at 1pm.
- Baseball brings in the 24th-ranked recruiting class.