Today we have some great photos of the ongoing SAHPC construction, more updates about mending injuries from yesterday's practice, a look ahead to Maryland, and a look beyond to see how the Pac-10 will finish this year. Tune in Sunday evening for a weekend edition featuring information on practices from Friday and Saturday.
- Cal blogger extraordinaire Ken Crawford gives us some great photos from the ongoing SAHPC construction. Click each photo to maximize it up to ~3000x2000 pixels.
- Updates from fall camp include a Daily Cal report that most players' lingering injuries are healing up, meaning the team should be able to have a solid, productive final week of camp. JO talks to injured players including Best and Smith. The SFChronicle also hears from Best, who is nearing 100%. Mychal Kendricks was selected as one of Ted Miller's practice players of the week.
- Maryland coach Ralph Friedgen praises his players as they prepare for opening day against Cal. Additionally Cal's lauded secondary will be put to the test against what could be the most dangerous receiving corps in the ACC.
- Sports Illustrated predicts the Pac-10 season and has Cal tied with OSU for third with at 6-3 (9-3 overall). Reading in between the lines suggests Cal will lose to Oregon, USC, and Oregon St. Another prediction, this one by Ray Ratto, suggests Best will win no major awards this season.
- Cal women's basketball's senior guard Alexis Gray-Lawson is a top-30 candidate for the Wooden Award, college basketball's most prestigious honor.
- Women's soccer kicked off today and started the season off with a 4-1 win over Nevada.
Did I miss any stories that intrigued you? If so post them here. If you come across any good articles over the weekend, post them here and I'll try to include them in the Weekend Edition.