Phil Steele predicts a 23-20 Cal victory.
Cal has now lost 5 straight to USC including last year’s 17-3 loss in a game where they were only able to collect 165 total yards. In their last visit to rain-soaked Berkeley, USC intercepted a late Cal pass to hold on to the 24-17 win. After averaging 48+ points per game through their first 3, Cal was held to just 3 last week in Eugene as UO ran away with the 39 point win. USC saw the return of frosh phenom QB Barkley (225 yards per game, 60%, 3-1 ratio) last week vs WSU as the Trojans scored 3 TD’s in the first 12 minutes and coasted. Cal cant be as bad as they looked last week can they? I look for the Bears to rebound with a big upset.
MSNBC's John Tamahana predicts a 24-23 USC victory.
Three out of four of CBS's experts predict a Cal victory.
California 24, USC 21: Call me nuts, but I continue to believe the Golden Bears are an elite football team. USC's injury situation also is worrisome. Again, feel free to call me nuts.
- Forget the national title, this weekend's game is now about two teams trying to stay afloat in the conference. Wilner goes over the madness in the Pac-10 and nationwide.
- Gregory, Mohamed, and company will do their best to rattle Barkley. JO has post-practice quotes that explain how the Bears are preparing for USC.
- USC is 114th in third-down conversions and the OC Register breaks down what has gone wrong. 3rd and 4 (or fewer) has been manageable at 63.6%, but the Trojans are converting only 12.5% of their 3rd and 5+ situations. By the way, they've been in 44 3rd and 5+ situations and only 11 3rd and <4 situations.
- Wall Street Journal looks at all the times Cal came up just short in booking a return trip to the Rose Bowl.
- ATO is offering a three-game reserved ticket pack for $120. You can see the Bears crush Wazzu and seek revenge against Oregon St and Arizona.
- Volleyball heads to LA to take on No. 13 USC and No. 16 UCLA. Within the link you can find a link to watch the games online.
- No. 6/7 men's soccer hosts No. 17/20 Stanford Friday at 4pm.
- No. 10 women's soccer closes nonconference play against Sac State and Santa Clara this weekend.
- No. 4 water polo hosts No. 3 USC in a huge match Saturday at noon.
- Women's tennis hosts the Cal Nike Invitational this weekend.