Write a Review! (optional)
- 2 cups of boiled duck breasts, chopped
- 1 lb ground pork
- 4 cups chopped swiss chard, chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 egg yolks
- 6 medium garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
Porcini Cream Sauce
- 8 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups porcini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup marsala
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- For the filling: Saute pork with garlic for a few minutes and drain fat.
- Place pork-garlic saute into mixing bowl, and add duck, chard, basil, oregano and parsley.
- Run mixture through meat grinder, processing into a fine paste, and return to mixing bow.
- Mix in ricotta, egg yolks and salt.
- For the ravioli: Sift the flour into a mound on the mixing board, make a hole in the middle of the flour, and add the eggs, water and salt to the flour.
- Beat eggs with a fork, slowly mixing in about half the flour, then mix in remaining flour with the hands, adding a little water if necessary to give the dough the proper consistency for rolling.
- Let it rest while mixing the other batches, adding each batch to the original, kneading it into a large ball.
- After the mixture has rested for 15 minutes or so, cut ball in half and place it on the floured bread board.
- Using a 30" wooden rolling pin, roll dough until paper thin, sprinkling with flour to ensure that it does not stick or tear.
- The key is to put very little pressure on the rolling pin, wrapping the dough around the pin and gently spreading it with the palms of the hands as it is being wrapped. *You can tell if the dough is ready if you can hold it up by the corners with two hands and find that it is translucent.
- For the sauce: Saute garlic and mushrooms in olive oil/butter mix.
- After 5 minutes, add marsala, cooking until about half the marsala has boiled off.
- Reduce heat to simmer, mix in whipping cream, and stir for a minute or two.
- Add a bit of salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour mixture on ravioli and enjoy!