Lunardi's first 2015 bracket projection includes six Pac-12 teams, but not Cal.
He has Arizona as a No. 1 seed, along with Wisconsin, Kansas and Michigan. The No. 2 seeds are Kentucky, Virginia, Duke and Villanova.
Other Pac-12 teams in his field are No. 8 seed Oregon, No. 9 Utah, No. 10 Colorado, No. 11 Stanford and No. 11 UCLA.
With Cal breaking in a new coach, there are a lot of unknowns surrounding the 2014–15 Golden Bears. But one thing's certain—it's never too early to start predicting next season.
- Lynn Chi is the Pac-12 Player of the Week after helping Cal (14–4, 7–0 Pac-12) beat USC and UCLA and jump from 12th to 6th in the ITA polls
- Alumnae Stephanie Smith has been surviving, thriving, and doing a lot of running since being diagnosed with cancer
Track and Field
- In the USTFCCCA poll, the men's team is ranked 23rd overall and 2nd in dual meets, where the Bears are 5–0
- Cal is ensuring there is plenty of academic support to help our student-athletes develop as students and successful people
- Taking a look at how Pac-12 North defenses force negative plays and which players will be back for 2014
- On the flip-side, how did Cal do in explosive plays among the Pac-12 North? For all the hype of offensive prowess, we didn't do too well.
- Following up on Athlon's ranking of Pac-12 coaches from last week, Sonny Dykes was named their 60th-best FBS coach of 2014, barely putting us in the top half of the nation
- The 49ers conducted an interview with Dykes about our program, playing in Levi's in 2014, and QB Jared Goff's NFL prospects
- Goff also chatted with the Niners about his fandom, Joe Montana, and the QB he wants to become
- Unless Cleveland matches OL Alex Mack's new deal from the Jaguars, Mack will be the fourth Golden Bear in Jacksonville (video autoplays)
- Speaking of Mack, the two best centers on the market (thanks, LeonPowe!) in the NFL are Golden Bears
Best center on the market, Alex Mack, getting 5-yr, $42-million offer sheet. Second-best center, Brian de la Puente, got 1-yr $800k.— Bill Barnwell (@billbarnwell) April 10, 2014
- 10-year pro Lorenzo Alexander is working to serve his community, including his hometown of Oakland
- Cal basketball coaching rumors: Joe Pasternack finalist for 12 hours
- Golden Scholars: Berkeley assembly tries to reduce blindness in Libya and takes the first step to a new center for bioengineering
- What was your favorite memory from the 2013-2014 Cal Men's Basketball Season?
- Golden Recruiting Wire: Cal football offers and commitment updates
- Golden Nuggets: Larry Scott Says Treating College Football Players as University Employees is a "Terrible Idea"