The senior from Los Angeles, Calif., averaged 20.0 points, 5.0 assists and 2.0 steals in Cal's two games this week. Cobbs led Cal in the 60-58 upset victory over No. 1 Arizona on Saturday with a game-high 19 points and five assists against the Wildcats. Tied at 58-58, Cobbs hit the game-winning shot with one second left, connecting on a long, fade-away jumper to seal the win. He scored 16 of his 19 points against Arizona in the second half. In the 89-78 overtime setback to Arizona State on Wednesday, Cobbs scored 21 points and had three steals to go along with three assists. With his point total for the week, Cobbs is now 19th on Cal's all-time scoring list with 1,269 career points in his third season with the Bears.
This is the fifth-career weekly honor for Cobbs, which ties the record for most weekly selections for a Cal student-athlete, with former Bear Ed Gray also receiving five awards over the course of his career.
- Cal defeats Arizona - LET'S TAKE A CLOSER LOOK!
- This week in the Pac-12: Midpoint review
- Golden Tweets: Cal basketball taking down No. 1 Arizona ignites Bear Territory
- National Signing Day 2014: Cal football welcomes a new class of Golden Bears
- Cal upsets Arizona: What are your happiest Golden Bear moments?