The Golden Bears took a few minutes after their big win over Washington to talk to the media about their performance.
"It's hard for other teams to deal with when no matter what they do, good or bad, we just keep coming at them. That's what we did the whole game."
"Justin [Cobbs] just took away [C.J.] Wilcox, made him look uncomfortable the whole game," Kravish said.
"Defense is going to win games for us," [Richard] Solomon said, "and we know that."
[Coach Mike] Montgomery noted there have been times when this team doesn't play as hard defensively when it's not shooting well. That wasn't the case here.
"Tonight we made our minds up," he said. "Hopefully, we're getting the notion if we defend well it's going to make a difference."
"We're not overlooking anybody," Solomon said. "We're going to come out with the same intensity. Anybody can beat anybody in this league. We understand that."
- The bulk of the article is behind a paywall, but a look at Edward Tandy being the first full-time football and rugby player in over a decade
- Former player Danny Barrett will join the US National 7s team's Olympic Residency Squad at the Olympic Training Center
- The Spring 2014 season will be kicking off with the All-UC Tournament
Women's Water Polo
- Kelly McKee blogs about the official start of the season
- The Bears are ranked no. 4 in the Preseason CWPA Poll
- Boom goes the dynamite
- The Bears are looking forward to adding Jabari Bird to the rotation
- Christian Behrens wants to start over with a clean slate after a series of knee injuries
- Taking a look at Jordan Mathew's game
- Richard Solomon and David Kravish are doubling up on achievements, including registering double double-doubles against UW
- The Bears' stellar hot streak has pushed them up Joe Lunardi's NCAA Tournament field as a no. 10 seed
Women's Swimming and Diving
- A few ex- and current players weigh in on the thought of Tosh Lupoi coaching at Cal
If #Cal doesn't bring Coach Lupoi back I lose faith. This is a no brainer. He's too good of a coach & he'll breathe life into the program.— Ernest Owusu (@TheErnestOwusu) January 15, 2014
- Ted Miller's final Pac-12 Power Rankings reflect Cal's historically bad season
- A season wrap, reflecting on the "highs" and lows of the 2013 season for the Bears
- WR Keenan Allen was named the Professional Football Writers of America's Offensive Rookie of the Year
- Former HC (and current Buccaneers OC) Jeff Tedford spoke with the media about his past (video; reaction and highlights from The Pewter Plank and Bucs Nation):
Tedford: "I took a season off and that helped recharge the batteries...Kind of a slow yr in college, but when Lovie called I got excited."— Ryan Maquiñana (@RMaq28) January 15, 2014
Tedford says he still keeps in touch w/ his former players at #Cal.— Ryan Maquiñana (@RMaq28) January 15, 2014
- Heavy Cal flavor at the top of the 2014 MLS Super Draft: Steve Birnbaum picked 2nd by DC United, Christian Dean picked 3rd by Vancouver Whitecaps
- Golden Recruiting Wire: National Signing Day countdown begins
- Cal 82, Washington 56: Time to get excited
- Brendan Bigelow to declare for NFL draft
- Tosh Lupoi is out of work, leaves Washington with $300k in a coffee cup