Daniel Lasco's been checking off goals on his march to being the yet another stellar Cal running back.
[Running back Brendan] Bigelow said there's no doubt that Lasco wants to make a name from himself at Cal. He said he can see it in his eyes.
"He really wants this," Bigelow said. "Anybody who hasn't played that much is going to be a little nervous, but he's getting more comfortable, getting more reps and getting a better feel for the game. There's no stopping him. This is a similar offense like what he ran in high school. We've both been in the spread offense. It's not like this is brand new to us."
Lasco also discusses a mistake he made in the best game of his (young) career--the game against Southern Utah--as he should have scored much faster
Men's Swimming and Diving
Women's Swimming and Diving
- On her way to winning the 800m freestyle at the FINA World Cup, former Bear Lauren Boyle set a World Cup record of 8:01:22--just 0.16 seconds shy of the world record
- Alumna Valerie Arioto continues to rock it by leading Team USA to wins over Canada and Argentina at the Copa Francisco Reyes Cup
- Adrienne Gehan was named to the 2013 Preseason All-Conference team for her senior season
- The Golden Bears have been picked for a 7th-place finish in the Pac-12
- Time for a friendly scrimmage on Monday, August 12 at 4:30 p.m.
- Ted Miller previews the conference's punters
- Day 2 of practice (Aug 7) was analyzed by SFGate, along with some video
- Jeff Faraudo has his own thoughts on Day 2, including some notes on Jason Gibson's transition from linebacker to safety
- Defensive ends Sione Sina and newly-reinstated Chris McCain have been impressive