The official Cal site has the perfect primer to prepare you for the 2013 season.
Dykes inherits a 2013 Cal squad that will be one of the nation's youngest with a preseason experience rating that is No. 12 in the Pac-12 and No. 125 out of No. 126 teams according to Phil Steele's combined experience chart, with Louisiana Tech ironically the only team in the nation with less experience than the Bears.
"This is a talented but young team," Dykes said. "There may be some bumps in the road, but we look forward to the veterans we have playing well and getting strong contributions from many of our talented young guys early in their careers."
At the forefront of the team's youth movement is the quarterback position, where none of the five Bears on the roster have yet to take a snap in a collegiate game. Despite the lack of experience, Cal does have a talented and highly-touted trio of quarterbacks to choose from in junior Austin Hinder, redshirt freshman Zach Kline and true freshman Jared Goff. The trio began battling for the starting job last spring and will continue when training camp opens in what Athlon lists as one of the top 12 quarterback battles in the country heading into the 2013 campaign.
The article has a great look at various position groups throughout the team. Commit it to memory and impress all your friends!
Women's Swimming and Diving
- How many gold medals do you have? Because Dana Vollmer and Missy Franklin just brought another home for the US, the sixth at the World Championships for Franklin
Men's Swimming and Diving
- Joël Statler had the best amateur performance at the Mylan Classic Web.com Tour event, finishing 66th
- Let's not let football practice get all the attention--Volleyball will be having a Blue and Gold scrimmage on August 24
- SF Gate looks at their ten questions heading into the 2013 season
- The Golden Bears have begun reporting to training camp
- A gallery of pictures Training Camp Reporting Day. That blue jersey–gold pants combo somehow manages to be more beautiful than I am.
- In case anyone has forgotten, an analysis of the three QB candidates and a reader poll to predict who will win the job
- Uncle Ted considers the best and worst cases for Cal
- SFGate reviews the first practice along with a video of a drill
- Cal Athletics posts various video from practice (Dykes, Goff, Hinder, Kline, highlights)
- Some looks (some will be very quick, some are extensive) at Bears in the NFL: CJ Anderson, Marc Anthony, Nnamdi Asomugha, DJ Campbell, Chris Conte, Cameron Jordan, Alex Mack, and Giorgio Tavecchio