TV: Universal Sports
Online: UniversalSports.com (for subscribers only) - The site does allow one about 2 minutes of free stream (which one can repeat in private/incognito mode), which sort of works for watching a swimming race
We are not allowed to post illegitimate stream here, but this event is a big enough deal that you can find streams from the typical sports stream websites
Events for Friday:
|Women's 100 m freestyle final|
|Men's 200 m backstroke final|
|Women's 200 m backstroke semifinals|
|Men's 50 m freestyle semifinals|
|Women's 200 m breaststroke final|
|Men's 100 m butterfly semifinals|
|Women's 50 m butterfly semifinals|
|Men's 200 m breaststroke final|
|Men's 4x200 m freestyle final|
- Missy Franklin (USA) will go for her 5th Gold (and 4th in 4 days) by competing in the 100 Free final. She only has the 5th best semi-final time, however.
- In the Women's 200 Back semi, Missy Franklin and Elizabeth Pelton (USA) will be looking to make the final. The pair finished 1st and 4th in 100 Back earlier in the week.
- In the Men's 50 Free semi, both Nathan Adrian (USA) and Anthony Ervin (USA) will race for a spot in the final.
- In the Women's 50 Fly semi, Dana Vollmer (USA) will look to make another final and get another medal.
Depending on how things shake out, there could be plenty of Cal Bears in finals comes Saturday.
Missy is on a Roll:
Men's 100 Free final
Nathan Adrian returns to the podium with a 3rd place finish in the 100 Free. The 2012 London Olympics Gold medalist was dethroned by the Aussie Jame Magnussen.
Nathan is happy with the result.
Solid swim tonight. Good enough for third place in the world not too shabby!— Nathan Adrian (@Nathangadrian) August 1, 2013
Women's 50 Back final
US Calympian and current Cal Bears Rachel Bootsma finished 7th in her first Wolrds final.
Women's 4x200 Free relay final
Swimming the anchor leg, Missy Franklin remain Golden by winning her 4th Golds in 5 events.
List of Cal Bears medals in the 2013 Barcelona World Championships:
By events: 4 Golds, 1 Silver, 5 Bronzes
- Lauren Boyle (New Zealand) with a Bronze in 400 Free
- Natalie Coughlin and Missy Franklin with Golds for the US in 4x100 Free relay
- Nathan Adrian and Anthony Ervin with Silvers for US in 4x100 Free relay
- Dana Vollmer (USA) with a Bronze in 100 Fly
- Missy Franklin (USA) with a Gold in 100 Back
- Lauren Boyle (New Zealand) with a Bronze in 1500 Free
- Jessica Hardy (USA) with a Bronze in 100 Breast
- Missy Franklin (USA) with a Gold in 200 Free
- Nathan Adrian (USA) with a Bronze in 100 Free
- Missy Franklin (USA) with another Gold, this time in the 4x200 Free relay
- Honorable Mentions: Damir Dugonjic (Slovenia) with two 4th place finish in 50 and 100 Breast, Elizabeth Pelton (USA) with a 4th place finish in 100 Back, and Caitlin Leverenz (USA) with a 5th place finish in 200 IM
* Host Nation