Viewing Info for Tuesday, July 30, 2013
TV: Universal Sports
Online: We are not allowed to post illegitimate stream here, but this event is a big enough deal that you can find streams from the typical sports stream websites
Events for Tuesday:
|Men's 200 m freestyle final|
|Women's 100 m backstroke final|
|Men's 50 m breaststroke semifinals|
|Women's 1500 m freestyle final|
|Men's 100 m backstroke final|
|Women's 200 m freestyle semifinals|
|Men's 200 m butterfly semifinals|
|Women's 100 m breaststroke final|
- Missy Franklin (USA) and Liz Pelton (USA) in 100 Back Final
- For men's 50 Breast, both Damir Dugonjic (Slovenia) and Martin Liivamagi (Estonia) will compete in this event. As pointed out below, Dugonjic finished 4th in the 100 meter version of this race.
- Lauren Boyle (New Zealand) will try to get her second medal in this year's world championships in the 1500 Free
- After swimming in the 100 Back final, Missy Franklin (USA) will likely get back in the pool for the 200 Free semi.
- Jessica Hardy (USA) in 100 Breast Final
Women's 100 Fly Final
Despite being the defending world champ in this event at the Olympics last year, Dana Vollmer was only able to get 3rd place at the Worlds this year. Apparently this events see a high turnover rate at the top.
Congrats to Dana to add to the medal counts for the US (and the unofficial counts for Cal Bears).
Men's 100 Breast:
By a fairly narrow margin, Slovenian Calympian Damir Dugonjic finished just outside the podium in 4th place.
4th in the World! I really enjoyed racing the best guys in the world. Very happy. Thanks for the support everyone— Damir Dugonjic (@iamdugi) July 29, 2013
Women's 200 IM:
Bronze medalist at the Olympics last summer in this event, Caitlin Leverenz was only able to finish 5th in the 200 IM.
In the semi-finals,
Jessica Hardy secured a spot in the 100 Breast Final, with the 4th best semi time.
Here is a quick tour of the venue from Jessica Hardy:
Missy Franklin and Elizabeth Pelton made the 100 Back Final, with the best and 3rd best semi time.
List of Cal Bears medals in the 2013 Barcelona World Championships:
- Lauren Boyle (New Zealand) with a Bronze in 400 Free
- Natalie Coughlin and Missy Franklin with Golds for the US in 4x100 Free relay
- Nathan Adrian and Anthony Ervin with Silvers for US in 4x100 Free relay
- Dana Vollmer (USA) with a Bronze in 100 Fly