CBS examines some recent regular-season over/under win totals. With CBS siding on the under (4.5) for Cal, the Bears are poised to post the second-lowest win total of the conference..
Over (+110)/Under (-150)
The Sonny Dykes Era has begun at Cal and his first season should be an interesting one to watch. The Bears have a lot of talent in place, but it may take a while for it to gel under Dykes. It looks like Cal will start a freshman quarterback, which is not usually a recipe for success. Moreover, the schedule is brutal, with Northwestern and
Ohio Statecoming to Memorial Stadium in September. There's a good chance the Bears start out 2-5 or even 1-5. While this team will get better as the season wears along, it's going to be hard to find many more wins. VERDICT: Under
It's pretty tough to imagine a 1-5 start to the season. That entails losses to Northwestern, Washington State, and UCLA.
- Which Bear has the most to prove this season? Uncle Ted picks Khairi Fortt.
- Deandre Coleman is among the 75 players on the watch list for the Outland Trophy, given to the nation's best lineman.
- SBNation writes predict the final standings for every FBS conference in the nation. Cal sits at 5th in the Pac-12 North.
- Reshanda Gray continues her efficiency streak with 10 points (on 5-for-6 shooting), as the US topped Brazil 105-75 in the final game of group play at the World University Games.
- Liv Jensen and Rachael Acker held the US finish second in the 4x100 meter relay at the World University Games.