Sonny Dykes continues to make big changes for the football program. His most recent change is the requirement that all incoming students spend two years in the dorms.
The obvious motive behind this is to address the team’s slumping academics by putting the players in a more controlled environment. The program ranks last in the Pac-12 in graduation rate and also brings up the rear in the NCAA’s recently released Academic Progress Report scores.
Not everyone is thrilled with the change, however.
“To bad we have to live in the dorms for two years now,” tweeted Ray Hudson, an incoming recruit, on June 5.
There are worse places to live for two years...
- SF Chronicle breaks down Cal's latest efforts to ensure timely repayment of the stadium bill. The article has several Barskyisms such as "They never should have done this" and "It was doomed to failure."
- ESPN's analyzes the Bears' QB situation.
- ESPN released its ESPN300 list. WR recruit Jalen Harvey earns a spot on the list.
- Uncle Ted breaks down a variety of interesting rushing stats pertaining to each team's returning talent.
- Athlon puts together its All-Pac-12 teams. Deandre Coleman, Vince D'Amato, and Brendan Bigelow each earn spots on the second team.
- Cal released the 2013 schedule, featuring 16 matches televised on the Pac-12 Networks.