Allen Crabbe has been keeping a draft diary on NBA.com as he prepares for next month's draft. Here he updates us on his pre-draft training regimen.
Since leaving school, all I’ve been doing is working out at the gym. Right now, I’m working with a few trainers doing two-a-days which include strength training and basketball workouts. We’re really focusing on my ball handing, working off the dribble and creating space. The rest of my workouts are focused on the strength aspect — getting quicker laterally, getting more athletic and explosive. We are definitely making progress, and I feel my body changing. All of this preparation is helping me gain confidence. I recently changed my diet and I am learning to eat more vegetables and stay away from fried and fast food. There aren’t too many options in college, so it was hard to eat healthy every meal, every day. Now I’m eating the right foods and I definitely like the results!
- Cal set a course record during round one of the NCAA Regional at the Palouse Ridge Golf Club. Despite the solid performance, the Bears only had a two-stroke lead after day one.
- Cal's lead climbed to 11 strokes during day two.
- The Bears went on to win the NCAA Regional to break the NCAA record for tournament victories in a season. Michael Weaver tied for first place on the leaderboard.
- Brandon Hagy was named to the All-District 8's Academic First Team.
- Jolene Henderson's pitching and Danielle Henderson's pair of home runs helped propel the Bears to an 8-1 win over Central Michigan.
- Michigan shut out the Bears on Saturday morning.
- Cal answered back with a no-hitter from Jolene Henderson in a 6-0 win over Valparaiso. Cal must now beat Michigan twice to advance to the Super Regional.
- The women's team defeated Alabama 4-1 to advance to the round of 8.
- The men's team's season came to an end with a loss to Virginia in the round of 16.