Long backstory - Auntsam and I got married 3 years ago, each bringing a dog. She had a Weimeraner and I had a Schnauzer. If you know anything about Weims, you know that they are large (about 50-80 pounds), smart, affectionate, hyper, clumsy, and sweet. Our dog is all of the above and many other things and as she's gotten older we've talked about getting another one, but getting a rescue instead of a puppy since so many people give these dogs up they always have a bunch that need good homes.
So last Saturday we went to a fundraiser event for the Weimeraner Rescue of the South and while Auntsam wanted to take all the dogs home, I was steadfast and resolute that we already had 2 dogs and did not have room for fostering or adopting another one. We agreed to find other ways of helping out.
Then I arrive at work on Monday and a coworker tells me she has a problem with a dog that she needs help on. Apparently she and her husband went to a different benefit auction last weekend, had a little too much to drink, and bid on a Weim that was up for auction. And won. And didn't want the dog. And brought it home for the weekend and things didn't go well with their dogs. And so now they needed to get rid of it.
So after talking it over last night, we've decided to take the dog...which completely goes against everything we said just 3 days ago, but it is a puppy Weim that needs a good home and we have one so we're gonna take the plunge and see what happens...plus, how can you say no to this face?
No name yet, but I think it will end up being Scout...which I'm not crazy about but at least it isn't Crimson or Tide or something like that...