Finally, some of us can see the Bear Raid in action. The footage is shot from the field level and we cannot see the pre-snap formations, but it's something!
On his first scrimmage at Cal
"It was the first live scrimmage I've had [at Cal] and it was fun getting out there with the guys and competing. I thought we did pretty well on offense."
On his transition from high school to college
"I wouldn't say effortless because it's been hard, but it's gone well so far. I think I've done a pretty good job so far, but I've still got a lot of work to do."
On having a legitimate chance to become the starter
"It makes camp a lot more fun. It makes you really just want to come to practice and work as hard as you can when you get that legit shot to play. There's just little things that need to get better and coming to practice every day to get better is fun when you have a legit shot to get that starting spot."
On the scrimmage and the status of the team
"It was an action-packed day for sure. We definitely have a lot to work on as a team, but there was some glimpses of a really great team shining thru."
On his play
"I definitely can get better. I think I did okay. I think I can do a lot better. I'll go back and look at the film. I'm definitely my hardest critic. I think I could have done a lot better, but it was a good start."
Can you believe spring ball is already halfway over?
Jon Wilner ranks the top-5 Pac-12 ADs by salary. Sandy Barbour is no. 2 with just under 602k per year. Naturally, Wilner says she isn't the no. 2 AD in the conference. Don't tell our friends at Bruins Nation that Dan Guerrero is no. 1, a ranking with which Wilner agrees.
- The Bears opened the Pac-12 tournament with a 78-59 win over USC. Cal set a pair of school records with its 28th win of the season and 16th consecutive win.
- Cal's quest for a #1 seed came to an end with a 70-58 loss to UCLA. An abysmal field goal percentage in the first half doomed the Bears.
- Layshia Clarendon earned the Pac-12 Scholar Athlete of the Year award.
- The men's team earned the no. 2 seed in the Pac-12 tournament.
- Wilner puts together his predictions for Pac-12 postseason honors. Allen Crabbe was his pick as Pac-12 Player of the Year.
- Cal cruised to an 11-0 win over Iowa State.
- The sixth-ranked Bears posted a 1-0 win over San Diego State.
- A 10th-inning run gave the Bears a win in the opening game of their series against Fresno State.
- Cal defeated the Bulldogs 8-1 in game two.
- The Bears won game three 4-3.
- The no. 24 men's team defeated Sacramento! State 5-2.
- The no. 18 women's team opened Pac-12 play with a 6-1 victory over the Cougs. Cal then swept UW.
- The no 1 Bears held a one-stroke lead after the first round of the Southern Highlands Collegiate Masters. The Bears extended the lead to 11 strokes after round two.
Track and Field
- Ray Stewart's time of 7.89 in the 60m finals gave him an 8th-place finish at the NCAA Indoor Championships. He ran a 7.68 in the prelims, which would have propelled him to fourth.