Monty wants his second conference title with the Bears. - USA TODAY Sports
Last week we began dreaming of an NCAA bid. Is it too soon to start thinking about a share of the Pac-12 title?
Mike Montgomery has high expectations for the Bears. After the Bears stumbled into a victory over Oregon State, Monty said he thinks the Bears have a shot at sharing the Pac-12 title.
"Pretty much a dominant weekend, the way I look at it," coach Mike Montgomery said in jest. "To get out of Oregon with two wins, that's huge for us. Maybe we'll take a look at winning this doggone thing."
Can Cal share the conference title with a 13-5 record? Time will tell.
- Brian Schwenke turned some strong performances during day one of the NFL Combine. C.J. Anderson will do most of his drills on Sunday.
- No. 6 Cal keeps taking care of business. The Bears extended their winning streak to 12 with a 77-55 win over Oregon State.
- Tierra Rogers will be among the players honored at Sunday's senior day. Despite being on scholarship for the past four years (major credit to Boyle and Gottlieb for honoring her scholarship), she has not played a single minute with Cal after being diagnosed with Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia during her freshman year.
- It wasn't pretty, but the Bears eked out another win on their Oregon road trip. Cal held off several comeback attempts from Oregon State, including a last-second three.
- Bear Insider recaps the win .
- Dan Greenspan wonders if this sluggish performance was an omen or an aberration in Cal's hot streak.
- Cal climbs to the top of ESPN's Pac-12 Power Rankings (yes, that's the men team atop the conference rankings).
- The men's team remains a 12-seed with a play-in in Dayton, OH, according to ESPN's bracketology.
- No. 8 Cal won its eight straight game with an 8-0 win over Georgia Tech.
- Cal continued to pick up wins at the Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic. They defeated Maryland 3-2 and Illinois 5-0.
- Despite Jacob Wark's two triples, the Bears lost 5-3 in the opening game of the series at no. 25 UC Irvine.
- Cal bounced back with an 8-6 win over UCI during game one of Saturday's doubleheader.
- The Bears went to 10 innings but could not secure a win in game two of the doubleheader.
- The women's team swept its doubles matches but lost four of its six singles matches against no. 2 UCLA. UCLA barely won 4-3.
- The Bears avenged the loss with a 5-2 win over no. 6 USC.
- The top-ranked Bears tied a school record with their sixth win of the season. Cal won the John Burns Intercollegiate by a whopping 27 strokes. Joel Stalter, Max Homa, and Michael Weaver finished at the top of the leader board.
Track and Field
- Collin Jarvis (5000m) and Ray Stewart (60m hurdles) set school records during opening night of the MPSF Indoor Track and Field Championships.
- The men's team went on to finish third at the MPSF Championships.
Swimming and Diving
- Despite a competitive first half from the Bruins, Cal defeated UCLA 75-22. The Bears won the reserves match 81-0. At 12-0, the Bears head home for a busy week featuring three games.