Well, it's Valentines Day. Time for all you suckers to pony up and get your significant other a predetermined gift of corporate america's choosing; jewelry? chocolate? flowers? or in my case a big ol' cuppa leave me the hell alone? I hate this faux holiday. That doesn't mean I'm devoid of any and all romantic feelings. The mrs and I don't 'celebrate' in the commercial way. No obligatory gifts, no fancy restaurants, not even a friggin card!. We started a tradition a few years back of having a big seafood feast; crab, shrimp, oysters, etc. Nothing fancy, just steamed with a little butter and Old Bay; complete with crab claw crackers, mallets and a roll of our finest paper towels. In spite of this and my absolute disdain for being forced fed this hallmark/every kiss begins with kay crap, there have been a few things over the past month or so that have reminded me of what love could be (or like could be, but not like like).
- TBB and LeonPowe invaded California. Always great to meet the out-of-state(country) CGBers. /looking at you puresilence and you're in-state and local
- CalBandGreat got engaged!
- Cugel returned to CGB! (I will take partial credit for this as I invited him to TBBLPEBHH)
- zoonews shared his love of music; albeit at the expense of those cheating cheaters down south. Still many lulz were had.
- TS019 professed his love of "the stranger." Much needed for those cold lonely (ronery?) Boston nights.
- Redonk shared his love of the Cantina Song!
- Congrats to Ragscub who will become a big sister. Sometime. Maybe. We're still not sure.
- And Twist still loves juiceboxes.
Aaaaaaaaannnnnnddddd end rant.
PS Here's a song about love performed by that all-american band Strapping Young Lad.