For all us fans who think these recent seasons have been difficult, imagine how much harder it must be for our Golden Bears, like WR Bryce Treggs, who are giving everything they can to improve individually and as a team.
One of the issues causing the biggest headaches for the fans is the defense, particularly Defensive Coordinator Andy Buh; Head Coach Sonny Dykes gave his thoughts on Buh's performance:
Dykes gives vote of confidence to Andy Buh "I have complete confidence in him and his staff. They know what they're doing."— Ryan Gorcey (@RGBearTerritory) November 19, 2013
On the other hand, he was a little less pleased with and a little more critical of the performance of his players:
Dykes frustrated that the team has not improved from week to week.— Ryan Gorcey (@RGBearTerritory) November 19, 2013
No matter how mightily the team has struggled, Big Game week always means excitement on campus and the possibility of a shocking upset.
Our Bears gave the following history lessons about their personal experiences with the Big Game. Up first is the Bear Raid Commander, Dykes, who gives some insight about the perception of the Big Game from a perspective outside the Bay Area:
"I grew up a fan of college FB, and there are certain things you watched every year, & every year of my life, I watched the Big Game" -Dykes— Ryan Gorcey (@RGBearTerritory) November 19, 2013
Treggs, whose Cal history runs deep thanks to his father, WR Brian Treggs, added:
"My dad, when he played here, he never won a Big Game ... He said this was the biggest game of the season in his eyes," says Bryce Treggs— Ryan Gorcey (@RGBearTerritory) November 19, 2013
Lastly, LB Michael Barton discussed
one of the greatest moment in recent Big Games, which affected him as a young high school player considering his college choices.
David Shaw, head coach of the vile Stanfurd Cardinal, is also a big fan of the 2009 Big Game.
Here you go, Coach Shaw, a friendly little reminder of one of your favorite Big Game memories:
GO BEARS. BEAT THE FURD. FREE THE AXE.
Men's Water Polo
Women's Water Polo
- Cal picked up a road win over Georgetown
- The Bears' loss to George Washington left them plummeting in the AP poll from 10th to 17th
- The Golden Bears will be entering the NCAA DI Tournament as the fourth-overall seed with a first-round bye
- Your list of events for Big Game Week!
- An injury update for the Big Game:
— Ryan Gorcey (@RGBearTerritory) November 19, 2013
- This Wednesday, Coach Sonny Dykes and QB Jared Goff will have an autograph session following Inside the Locker Room
- Pac-12 Power Rankings: we deserve it
- Grading the Colorado game goes exactly as you expected
- The on-field product may be struggling, but at least The Drive makes good TV?
- Dykes is on the 18th hottest seat in the nation
- ESPN's quick look at this year's Big Game
- Cal's status as 31.5-point underdogs is the greatest spread in Big Game history (warning: excessive Furd love in this article; I endured it so you won't have to)