The admission of academically challenged student athletes coincides with skyrocketing achievement among other applicants to Cal. The school is so academically competitive that this year Cal rejected 4 of every 5 applicants. Of the record 67,665 freshman applications, Cal admitted 14,103.
"Can a student with this profile truly maximize the UC Berkeley experience? It seems this question has not been taken seriously," say the report's authors.
Also, there were some notable tweets that came out during the game.
Up first, a conversation between two former Cal players, DB Josh Hill and DL Ernest Owusu.
Cal defensive gameplan is terrible. Whr is the d. Coordinator frm??— Josh Hill (@Jhill_ontherise) November 17, 2013
@TheErnestOwusu I was at the practice. I see why they don't stop nobody. Even healthy don't see them stopping anyone honestly.— Josh Hill (@Jhill_ontherise) November 17, 2013
Trevor Guyton, who often lined up opposite Owusu at Cal and with the Minnesota Vikings, had the following reaction:
Im so disgusted with everything. This is colorado. THIS IS COLORADO— Glen Coco (@TrevG92) November 17, 2013
And lastly, two tweets that probably do a good job of capturing the feelings of the Cal faithful.
Last tweet of the night: This is the worst Cal team I have ever seen.— Marc Tausend (@ManBearCal) November 17, 2013
I don't think I've ever been this angry.— Trigga (@BryceTreggs) November 17, 2013
Men's Water Polo
- Head Coach Amanda Augustus will be coaching in the Master'U BNP Paribas international collegiate team competition
- Kelsey Santisteban placed fifth in the NCAA West Regionals, which earned her a spot in the NCAA Championships
- A loss in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament marks the end of a great season for Cal (11–5–5, 4–4–3 Pac-12), which started with a 13-game undefeated streak
- Playing the Oregon schools, No. 20 Cal (17–8, 10–6 Pac-12) defeated Oregon State (giving Coach Feller his 300th win at Cal), but lost to Oregon; Cal's next win will be Feller's 600th
- Game recaps by CalBears.com, SFGate, and the Associated Press BECAUSE I KNOW YOU WANT TO RELIVE THIS GAME
- A look at the stats from the game
- The player involved in the Fabiano Hale incident has been suspended from the team and mandated treatment, community service